Phone holder

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3859

When using Android Auto, is there any need at all to have access to the phone's screen? I am trying to decide where to put the phone - I am not very happy with it knocking about in the cupholder, but I don't want the faff of putting it in a mount if it isn't going to give me any benefit. Apart from anything else, I need to decide what length cable to buy. I just wish it could use the car's built-in Wi-Fi instead.

I just got my new MY19 H5 on Monday and I am having the same issue, I am amazed that they have taken the USB out of the armrest when it would be ideal with carplay. So what I am going to do is route a cable into the armrest. I have had a look and without too much disruption it is possible to route the cable from the front USB socket and into the armrest without dismantling anything. the only thing is i will need to drill a hole on the inside of the armrest for the cable to come through, then when i get rid i will just put a grommet in the hole thats left behind and as its inside the armrest i doubt anyone will notice.

Correct - when connected to Android Auto/Apple Carplay there's no need to touch the phone. The idea being that you're presented with a simplified interface to phone functions and approved apps through the car's interface so it's safer than using the phone itself and so complies with legal restrictions on using a mobile phone whilst driving.

So feel free to chuck the phone in a cubbyhole or the armrest etc. Sadly it requires a cabled connection rather than Bluetooth as the volume of data that may need to be transferred between the phone and car can be quite large. I'm sure it'll happen at some point though, as newer phones support faster Bluetooth standards.

I bought one of these https://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F8J168/ and a cable from Carphone Warehouse. The holder is right in front of the USB port so works really well.

I've always used airvent-mounted ones before; it's a good location as it also cools the phone while it's working fairly hard as a satnav. However the placement of the vents on the driver's side doesn't really allow it, and the passenger-side vent is too far away to look safely.

For those of us with older models which don't have AA or Carplay, has anyone found a decent mounting spot and bracket for a portrait phone?

I tired one of the suction cup things to attach a holder to the dash ... but there is something about the finish on the inside of the car that just won't let it stick, even for a second.

I have a transparent silicone phone back cover for S9 . It just sits on the cup holder cover flat , and due to the silver strip on cover , they seem to stick to each other and never slides. Only you can't use the cup holders

Back