Bye bye PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anko

As some of you know my PHEV was supposed to receive a new drive battery under warranty. Warranty replacement was granted on January 25th. But on March 20th the battery hadn't even shipped from Japan. After waiting for more than two months and with at least two more months of waiting ahead of me, I have decided to cut my losses and sell my PHEV on April 4th with the old battery still in there.

The new owner said he was confident he would still receive the new battery (some day) and was willing to take the risk. But I had to take of another 1000,- of my selling price. Rather than hanging on to three cars for an indefinite period of time, I decided to to go with his proposal.

So, since April 4th, my drive way is finally PURE EV (1 x Opel Ampera E + 1 x Tesla Model 3 LR AWD). Happy camper again. But at the same time, this is kind of a good bye. I may be visiting this forum once in a while, I may be not.

Enjoy your cars! Bye bye.

Sorry to hear that, anko, but many thanks for all you've contributed to the forum over the years. Really appreciated your input. Will you be contributing to the Model 3 forum?? I'm currently thinking I might hold out with my PHEV till the Model Y arrives over here.....2021 maybe!!

jdsx said:
Sorry to hear that, anko, but many thanks for all you've contributed to the forum over the years. Really appreciated your input. Will you be contributing to the Model 3 forum?? I'm currently thinking I might hold out with my PHEV till the Model Y arrives over here.....2021 maybe!!
Thanks for your kind words.

I have been dropping a few posts on my adventures of getting a hitch installed on my Model 3 (https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/trekhaak-model-3-uit-amerika.141448/). Imported a hitch from the US myself and installed it with a co-worker last weekend. But unfortunately, these posts are all in Dutch.

image.png

Nice move.

Dont waste time on this shit PHEV. ( 2019 model owner).

Today one colleague ask my option to get the Outlander PHEV, I simply said NO.

Dear anko,

Sad to see you go. From my point of view, you have made invaluable contributions to our knowledge and understanding of this car, without which the apps we all use and love would not have been at all possible. I thank you.

Of course from your perspective you have a new toy, so I'm very happy for you and hope to join you in the pure EV scene as soon as logistics allow me to :) Also, waiting for the off-road tesla version - perhaps the pickup ;-)

All the best,
Ricardo

Sorry to see you go, Anko, but I can quite understand - If I were not (semi)retired, I would make a similar choice - i would go for an iPace for daily use and an older PHEV for long trips. As I don't need to spend the money I'll stick with the PHEV till it falls to pieces - a really good car, perfect for my present needs.
Thank you for all your contributions to this forum.

Hamaudio said:
Nice move.

Dont waste time on this shit PHEV. ( 2019 model owner).

Today one colleague ask my option to get the Outlander PHEV, I simply said NO.
Thank you for this balanced and useful post.

Back