Battery degradation petition

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaneb

http://chng.it/yGWPDc67c8

Mods I hope putting this on here is ok?
It's a petition that has been set up to get Mitsubishi in Japan to acknowledge the battery degradation issue that is suspected to be caused by faulty firmware in the BMU. Full details are on the link.
It only takes a few seconds to sign.

Having read the petition and watched the video, I remain unclear as to what they believe the problem is and what solution they are hoping for. I got the impression that the thrust of the petition is simply that the firmware is overestimating the degradation and that the battery is actually wearing quite well - is that the case? If so, it does not seem to correspond with the experiences of several members here who seem to have experienced real battery degradation.

I'm not familiar with the cases of real degradation.
But in most cases a perceived degradation is caused by faulty BMU s/w. With as result that the electric range is deminished unnecessarily, resulting in driving more on gas than expected.
Particuarly the 2018/2019 models seem to degrade fast.
That is what needs correction.

Hope this clears up the issue.

Phevy said:
I'm not familiar with the cases of real degradation.
But in most cases a perceived degradation is caused by faulty BMU s/w. With as result that the electric range is deminished unnecessarily, resulting in driving more on gas than expected.
Particuarly the 2018/2019 models seem to degrade fast.
That is what needs correction.

Hope this clears up the issue.

So how come Anko managed to convince them to give him a new battery. I believe that Trex is also negotiating for a new one...

I believe something is wrong in the BMU

I have notice that after a period of many partial charges, the expected voltage at 30% SOC is not from 3.81v seen years ago, to 3.85v

For some reason now the BMU has a new mapping between voltage and SOC (clearly after the famous 2h rest time) ... and it is impossible to have 30% SOC at 3.85v .. as consequence the SOH is massively reduce by the BMU

Back