Newbie questions MY2019 incoming

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molnboman

Hi All,
Collecting my new Outlander PHEV on Friday. Any tips or tricks for new car ownership. Anything specifically I need to be aware of driving from new regarding battery and engine.

Cheers
MM

At least read the manual once. Especially linking your phone. I also recommend ceramic coating.

Thanks for the tips. After posting that I managed downloaded the UK manual. Jaysus, plenty to get on with there. This my first hybrid vehicle and automatic vehicle I will have owned, so just trying to get my head round getting the most from it. Auto handbrake will challenge my Mrs....as well as me....but appears to be straight forward enough ( famous last words )
It’s a company car so I will have less attachment to it than if I owned it...and living in Sweden it’s pointless trying to keep any daily drive in good condition. If the snow, ice and salt doesn’t get to it then the massive road gravel stone chips and parking dings will break your heart and your car!

BR
MM

It's not an automatic gearbox :) There are no variable gear ratios, only electric motors and a fixed gear ratio for when the engine is driving the front wheels directly. It feels a little like a CVT auto sometimes, but it isn't.

But basically - it's so easy to drive. Just put in into 'D' and let the car worry about how it's powering the wheels. Don't feel you have to obsess about about saving electricity, you'll learn how to maximise your electric range and reduce petrol usage.

Molnboman where did you download the manual from?

if you have a link you could share i would be grateful

My2019 is due any day now

thanks

Thanks richr

I can be a bit slow sometimes :)

I should have checked the website first

Back