Electric Window Problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilS

Had to call out Mitsu Assist yesterday due to driver door widow bouncing half way down when closing. Assist technician was unable to fix fault but managed to fully close window and advised not to open it again and contact dealer. Dealer unable to take car in until end of month! Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, and it’s not good news.

My NSF window went about 5 months ago and took several attempts to be coaxed closed. Leaseplan arranged for a local garage (non Franchise) to look at it. It took 3 weeks for the regulator and motor to arrive from Mitsubishi, then everything was fixed in a couple of hours.

Then it went again about a week later. This time I knew how to close it and took my car back to the place that had just fixed it. They looked inside the door and found the runners that guide the glass were bent and twisted.

Unfortunately these aren’t screw on assemblies................they are part of the door pressing, so it’s over £1000 for a new door in a body shop to fix this now!

Four months later I still can’t use the window and am going round in circles with Leaseplan trying to get this fixed.

Yours is the drivers window which is far more important to have working, I think it’s time to ring your dealer and demand they take the car immediately and leave you with one of their demonstrators. If they refuse, create merry hell with MMUK customer services.

Good luck!

I don't know what lease plan you have. Read contract, if car is not fit for purpose and more than 28 days in garage in total for repairs , they have to replace your car.

I did contact Mitsu customer services and they told me that they could not influence dealer to let me "jump the queue" to get it seen sooner and could not tell dealer to provide courtesy car! Mitsu customer services or dealer seem to think not being able to open driver's door window is a problem!

Kesto, I didn’t say lease plan, I said Leaseplan, as in the country’s largest fleet management company. They are very careful for me not to take it anywhere so I can’t invoke such a clause.

NeilS, welcome to Mitsubishi service departments. They feel it’s fine to make you wait a month for a routine service and have opening hours that are clearly for their convenience, not the driver’s. The situation only got worse in 2017 when they removed the franchise from loads of long standing dealerships. Of the 4 within 40 miles of my home, 2 closed within days of each other. Some of those reading outside the UK will not comprehend this lack of service as their dealership density was, and is, far greater than ours.

As for not being able to open the drivers’s window for at least a month not being an issue, what car parks, airports, toll booths etc etc do they use? Do they expect you to drive past the machine so you can open your door to get a ticket? The car is so long, that in most cases you would probably ram the barrier before you can open the door, .meaning you have to get out while still sticking out into traffic!

The fact that you were able to call Mitsubishi emergency means your car is under warranty, time to get stroppy and stand your ground with both camps, play them off against each other and threaten social media exposure of their total lack of willingness to help.

So your car is supplied as part of your contract of employment? If so, first port of call is then your HR dept. for hire car replacement - that's what we used to have at BT when I had a company car.

Back