Adjusting headlights when driving a foreign PHEV in the UK?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohanvdH

We are planning a trip to the UK in our Dutch Outlander PHEV.
Do we have to make adjustments (tape?) to the headlights to compensate for driving on the left?

Do the English Outlander PHEV drivers make adjustments to their headlight when you visit the other countries in Europe and drive on the right?

If you have HID lights it is not needed (or even possible) If it has conventional headlights consult your dealer or stick headlight converters on the headlight covers. Your user manual should help you out.

I've got an Instyle+ and never change the lights when crossing the channel. I have less problems with people flashing me than some native British PHEV motorists appear to have, judging by the forum.

jaapv said:
I've got an Instyle+ and never change the lights when crossing the channel. I have less problems with people flashing me than some native British PHEV motorists appear to have, judging by the forum.

That's probably because British drivers are so notorious for having badly aligned lights that we don't bother with yours :lol:

jaapv said:
If you have HID lights it is not needed (or even possible) If it has conventional headlights consult your dealer or stick headlight converters on the headlight covers. Your user manual should help you out.

It is in the manual on page 11-31, thank you :D

Back