Access the PHEV features via Internet

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hartiiko

Hello,
Since I have the PHEV from March 2019, I am struggling with the stupid WIFI connection with my car.
Finally I managed to find a solution and it is working! What you need:
1. A spare smartphone with at least Android 7.
2. Data or voice sim card.
3. Speedify app from Google Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedify.speedifyandroid&hl=en_US
4. Teamviewer app from Google Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile
5. Teamviewer_host app from Google Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market

1. You must install the Teamviewer app on the phone that you normally use.
2. You must install the Teamviewer_host app on your spare phone that must stay in the car (do not forget to keep it charged and put a working sim with data plan). Let’s call it “car phone”.
3. You must create an account in Teamviewer:
• On the spare “car phone” open Teamviewer_host app.
• Go to Sign Up tab and create the account (must be verified via the email you registered).
4. Assign a Device to your account:
• Go to Assign Device tab and enter your email and password from p. 3 above.
• Check the email you used to register and confirm the device adding it as a “Trusted Device”.
• Once confirmed, your device will appear in the Computers tab of the Teamviewer app on your phone that you normally use.
5. Install Speedify app on your “car phone”. This app will allow you to use WIFI and Data plan at once and will workaround the blocking of Internet access once you connect to the PHEV - the WIFI will connect to the car and the Data plan will be used to connect to the Internet.
6. Link your “car phone” to the PHEV via the PHEV II app. Keep the phone on and charged.
7. If you want to use your remote access to the PHEV, just select the “car phone” form the Computers tab of the Teamviewer app on the phone you normally use and you will get a remote control over the "car phone". Then just start the PHEV II app and use the features.

Enjoy!

Nice :) thanks for posting. I'd never heard of these apps before. Thinking of upgrading my current phone soon so I may well be trying this out.

Nice. I use TeamViewer to remotely manage my mother-in-law's PC. Seems to work pretty well. Good bit of lateral thinking to use it for the car.

This is a great idea, wish I had thought of it.

Now, where did I store that old Android phone and GiffGaff SIM?

hartiiko said:
Hello,
Since I have the PHEV from March 2019, I am struggling with the stupid WIFI connection with my car.
Finally I managed to find a solution and it is working! What you need:
1. A spare smartphone with at least Android 7.
2. Data or voice sim card.
3. Speedify app from Google Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedify.speedifyandroid&hl=en_US
4. Teamviewer app from Google Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile
5. Teamviewer_host app from Google Store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market

1. You must install the Teamviewer app on the phone that you normally use.
2. You must install the Teamviewer_host app on your spare phone that must stay in the car (do not forget to keep it charged and put a working sim with data plan). Let’s call it “car phone”.
3. You must create an account in Teamviewer:
• Go to Sign Up tab and create the account (must be verified via the email you registered).
4. Assign a Device to your account:
• Go to Assign Device tab and enter your email and password from p. 3 above.
• Check the email you used to register and confirm the device adding it as a “Trusted Device”.
• Once confirmed, your device will appear in the Computers tab of the Teamviewer app on your phone that you normally use.
5. Install Speedify app on your “car phone”. This app will allow you to use WIFI and Data plan at once and will workaround the blocking of Internet access once you connect to the PHEV - the WIFI will connect to the car and the Data plan will be used to connect to the Internet.
6. Link your “car phone” to the PHEV via the PHEV II app. Keep the phone on and charged.
7. If you want to use your remote access to the PHEV, just select the “car phone” form the Computers tab of the Teamviewer app on the phone you normally use and you will get a remote control over the "car phone". Then just start the PHEV II app and use the features.

Enjoy!

Hi, I tried to use that speedify app to be able to use the "outlander PHEV" app without having to use airplane mode on the phone but it didn't help, what version of the app did you use to achieve that and do you use the new "outlander PHEV" app or the old remote control app?

It seem the PHEV app is not wise enough to talk only to the wifi network of the car and always try to talk with the cellular connection unless there is no cellular connection then it will talk over the car wifi network. That's is so dumb of an app it amaze me that in 2019 that kind of dummy thnking isn't more user friendly.

It works fine on an iPhone without going into airplane mode. The only thing we have to is stop it connecting automatically as otherwise it tries to route all internet traffic via the PHEV's hotspot.

hartiiko said:
put a working sim with data plan
Can you share how often you connect to the "car-phone" and the typical data usage you're observing per month.
Thanks

hartiiko said:
Keep the phone on and charged.

What's the strategy to keep it charged? Just make sure you use the car often and long enough for it to refill enough?

Thanks

Back