Hello! Outlander and Hybrid Newbie

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmc

Well the Passat Diesel will be going back this week and I've put my deposit down for an 11 month old Juro with 7000 on the clock.

Looking forward to new car day!

Any tips would be appreciated but I must admit when I was sitting in it I was confused by all the buttons. Not sure what the B for regenerative braking really does, not sure what the screen does and the connection of the app looks like you need to be a magician to get it going LOL

So, any help to kick me off would be greatly appreciated. Sorry, don't know what questions to ask or what to look out for, I've never had an automatic before, I've never had an SUV before, I've never had a Hybrid before, I've never had a Mitsubishi before and I've never owned a Petrol Vehicle for nearly 20 years!!!

There's no need to get too technical, unless you want to. You can leave the car in D (except when you need to go backwards!) and forget about using the B settings to recharge the battery when the car slows (although some of that will still happen by default) and enjoy the relaxing ride in what (we nearly all agree) is a very pleasant car to drive. (And forget about your left foot :))

If you're keen to develop a better understanding, start by reading through the manual. Yes, it's long and a bit daunting, but repays careful study (in the 'I never knew it could do that' sense). Then you may know the right questions to ask and start wading through the many technical pages on this handy blog (good luck with that).

Recharge the battery, whenever you get the chance. Are you getting a charging point for home? (Makes things easier, but I've been using the 3-pin plug for 4 years without any issues.)

And a slight variation on the above...

When I'm driving in heavy traffic, I put the car into B5.

This means that the car slows down as soon as I raise my foot off the accelerator.

This means that I rarely need to brake.

It's not quite "one pedal mode" because the car will keep creeping along in B5, so if traffic actually stops, then I need to use the brake.

Otherwise, I only use it for descending steep hills.

:D

Have fun!

Thanks, great tip!

IS B5 the maximum?

And I think we hold the right paddle for a few seconds to reset the B thingy?

Back