Happy Owner stories

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweeNeuzen

Hi All,
Participating in this forum (after lurking and absorbing technical knowledge for some time), I just want to share me being content with the PHEV (as a petrolhead and tinkerer at cars and motorcycles for over 50 years)

The PHEV story started with switching to solar and heat pump (no more natural gas)
So having 46 panels on the roof, the next step (and planned) was going electrical.

Now considering we have 2 hunting dogs, the choice is limited.
Kona and e-Niro gave "protesting dogs" as they had to squeeze in.
So hybrid was the next option;
As a long time Volvo driver I looked at used HybridV60, but boot space was not generous and Road Tax for a diesel at that weight prohibited also the purchase.

So it became the Mits, with happy drivers (high seating) and boot space.
No regrets at all.

- Average 45-65 km/ltr, ca 5 km per Kwh (on solar)
- Able to purchase a 2014 black with just 30.000 km in february of this year (now 38.000)
- 85% of Km is EV mode
- Just had it at the Dealer's for the Airflow recall, and got back a SOH of 34,7 Ah
- Actual driving range EV at moderate temperature 48-50 km (local country roads and villages speed 70-80 km/h B5, but not driving like a granny )
- Charging with "the brick" (standard supplied), just 3 Type 2 charges
- Still amazed by lack of noise even when ICE is running

Any downsides?
Yes
- Now used to the beeps
- Takes some time to have to explain the PHEV to non petrolhead
- Flimsy paint Job (Pearl black, dog nail scratch reveals white !! primer)

I'm looking forward to hear some more happy stories (although I can't find to much complaints on the forum (not searched enough ??))

NB some on the forum name TweeNeuzen.
The PHEV's registration is 2-TNZ-02 and TweeNeuzen is Dutch for 2 (dog)Noses

Back