2020 Outlander PHEV and what we know (gen 3 swan song)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodman411

It's that time again where new models are rolling out, and like last year, the UK market is the first to receive the new Outlander PHEV models, MY2020. The changes are not as drastic as between MY2018 and MY2019, and this is the final year for gen 3 as the Nissan Rogue-based Outlander debuts for MY2021 (https://www.motor1.com/news/241921/2021-mitsubishi-outlander-nissan-rogue):

*Powertrain*
- it is widely expected that Australia, USA, and Canada will receive the battery/engine updates the rest of the world got last year (for USA, this means the federal tax credit increases from $5,836 to $6,711). For the rest of the world, no changes to the powertrain
- UPDATE: just verified that North America will not be getting the power train update for MY2020, looks like they will wait for Gen 4

*Exterior*
- new 17" wheels for lowest "Verve" trim
- the new "Red Diamond" premium color has been confirmed available for the PHEV version

View attachment MitsubishiOutlander_17Wheels.jpg

*Interior*
- depending on trim, larger infotainment touchscreen, previously 7", now 8"
- infotainment loses volume/power knob, now touch buttons for volume up, volume down, and power at the bottom of the touchscreen
- revised hvac buttons
- new electric lumbar support for driver side only, all trims standard, overall contouring of front seats look identical to previous year
- updated contoured rear seats
- center console now has 2 rear-facing usb ports (versus 1 usb port from previous year)
- for trims that come with the Rockford Fosgate sound system, this has been replaced with Mitsubishi Power Sound System, the OEM supplier for this unit is unknown

View attachment MitsubishiOutlander_HVAC.jpg

View attachment MitsubishiOutlander_Seats.jpg

*Other*
- UK prices for MY2020 drops £1,310 at the low end and drops £2,100 at the high end. Hopefully this means price drops in other markets

Back