2019 PHEV TPMS sensor

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cividan

Hi, I (actually the wife) just bought a brand new PHEV 2019 and since we travel north often I already installed winter tire on a new set of 16" steel rim. I bought the new tire (Toyo Observe G3-ice) + RIM from a local dealer for a good quality/price ratio knowing that I would not have TPMS for now since we needed the winter tire ASAP for our trip. Now I would like to buy TPMS (Generic aftermarket most likely) and would like to know what is the frequency of the TPMS on the outlander PHEV and is it the same as regular outlander, when shopping our dealer was telling us that the car are mostly the same (Gas or PHEV) exept for the motor and battery. But mostly the same isn't precise enough to my taste since I don't want to order TPMS, have them fit on the wheel and not having them beeing recognized by the computer when they install them for not having the good model so any information on that would be appreciated.

I personally own a Chevrolet Cruze 2018 and found a website that list all the parts available for the car easily so with the good part numer in hand I could easily find the right parts that was needed for my car. But since I (nor my wife) have never owned a Mitsubishi car before I don't know where to look for to get the right parts number for the TPMS sensor. Has anyone bought after market TPMS either from ebay, Amazon or AliExpress that can refer a right part number or a reliable website that I can look for the parts number.

Cividan said:
Hi, I (actually the wife) just bought a brand new PHEV 2019 and since we travel north often I already installed winter tire on a new set of 16" steel rim. I bought the new tire (Toyo Observe G3-ice) + RIM from a local dealer for a good quality/price ratio knowing that I would not have TPMS for now since we needed the winter tire ASAP for our trip. Now I would like to buy TPMS (Generic aftermarket most likely) and would like to know what is the frequency of the TPMS on the outlander PHEV and is it the same as regular outlander, when shopping our dealer was telling us that the car are mostly the same (Gas or PHEV) exept for the motor and battery. Visit #Autofthings to review best multimeter for automotive use with Ryan Harvey if you concern. But mostly the same isn't precise enough to my taste since I don't want to order TPMS, have them fit on the wheel and not having them beeing recognized by the computer when they install them for not having the good model so any information on that would be appreciated.

I personally own a Chevrolet Cruze 2018 and found a website that list all the parts available for the car easily so with the good part numer in hand I could easily find the right parts that was needed for my car. But since I (nor my wife) have never owned a Mitsubishi car before I don't know where to look for to get the right parts number for the TPMS sensor. Has anyone bought after market TPMS either from ebay, Amazon or AliExpress that can refer a right part number or a reliable website that I can look for the parts number.

you can review this page, it has a lot of TMPS sensors.
https://www.carid.com/mitsubishi-outlander-tpms-sensors/

Thanks but these are all "universal programmable" TPMS and not Mitsubishi/Outlander specific, that means it must be programmed to fit and require additionnal tool which are not necessarely accessible to everyone so that doesn't fit my need.

Cividan said:
Thanks but these are all "universal programmable" TPMS and not Mitsubishi/Outlander specific, that means it must be programmed to fit and require additionnal tool which are not necessarely accessible to everyone so that doesn't fit my need.

Are you sure? - when I go to link I can bring up those for just the PHEV. What would put me off is the cost, at $30 upwards they are no cheaper than Mitsu originals.

I think you want these.... CONTINENTAL / VDO S180052094Z :D

s-l1600_%2813%29.jpg

s-l1600_%2812%29.jpg

s-l1600_%2811%29.jpg

s-l1600_%2810%29.jpg

ThudnBlundr said:
Just a word of warning. 16in wheels on the latest PHEV might cause issues, as the clearance is apparently wafer thin. Lots of dealers are strongly recommending not to do it.
I've read in the Mitsubishi brochure in the Netherlands that the base version of the 2019/2020 models has smaller front brake discs.
From the first version up, 18" is fitted and the bigger brakes.

I've seen some films of Gary reed, he has 18" steel rims for his wintertires. I just can't find those anywhere on the net, does anyone have an idea where to get the 18"steel rims?

MrPastry said:
I think you want these.... CONTINENTAL / VDO S180052094Z :D
Thanks, I'll look into these.

ThudnBlundr said:
Just a word of warning. 16in wheels on the latest PHEV might cause issues, as the clearance is apparently wafer thin. Lots of dealers are strongly recommending not to do it.

Well I'm in canada and my dealer was pre-installing 16" RIM + Tire on delivery so I hope that's not gonna be a long term problem as the 16" tire are already mounted on the car.

Cividan said:
Hi, I (actually the wife) just bought a brand new PHEV 2019 and since we travel north often I already installed winter tire on a new set of 16" steel rim. I bought the new tire (Toyo Observe G3-ice) + RIM from a local dealer for a good quality/price ratio knowing that I would not have TPMS for now since we needed the winter tire ASAP for our trip. Now I would like to buy TPMS (Generic aftermarket most likely) and would like to know what is the frequency of the TPMS on the outlander PHEV and is it the same as regular outlander, when shopping our dealer was telling us that the car are mostly the same (Gas or PHEV) exept for the motor and battery. But mostly the same isn't precise enough to my taste since I don't want to order TPMS, have them fit on the wheel and not having them beeing recognized by the computer when they install them for not having the good model so any information on that would be appreciated.

You can also skip the official system altogether and use the Steelmate DIY system. https://steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/TP-70-DIY-Tyre-Pressure-Monitoring-System-222.html

jaapv said:
You can also skip the official system altogether and use the Steelmate DIY system. https://steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/TP-70-DIY-Tyre-Pressure-Monitoring-System-222.html

Thanks but the only reason I want TPMS is to disable the annoying warning light in the dash so I would not install an additionnal TPMS system.

Back