Ev system shutdown and car seems completely dead

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smerrick1

I wondered if someone can advise me whats happened and how I can protect from further damage if I am being recovered and dropped to Mitsubishi?
The problem started after charging a power bank from the cigarette lighter socket with car ignition on but not moving.
The powerbank partially charged but then lots of error messages ocurred on screen along with the message Ev system service required stop safely.
The car wont turn off remains orange on powerbutton, there was images on screen after getting blue on power button but now these are gone.
It looks likely i will need to be recovered but how can the vehicle be put into neutral with no power and control of gear selector?

It looks like you just flattened the aux 12V battery.... you should be able to jump start it. The procedure is in the manual.

Thanks for the suggestion, I hope it is that, its a shame that the car cannot give you the right error messages, I thought that something more serious had happened.
I am currently stuck at a fishing lake so recovery truck is due at 8am tomorrow , fingers crossed its a flat battery, although cannot believe this has happened charging a powerbank

The car needs to be in 'Ready' if you want to use 12V to power anything. That is the only way the traction battery can recharge the 12V battery when not driving or charging.

Not clear if the screen is now completely blank?

If yes then jump start as HHL says.

If you are still getting error messages on the screen then perhaps the AUX battery isn't completely dead?

Try disconnecting the neg lead of the AUX battery, it's under the small hatch to the left when you lift the rearmost floor panel, where the plug in charger is stored.

10mm spanner I seem to remember?

That might reset everything back to normal when you reconnect the terminal.

In future charge your power tank with the ICU running. Doing that while stationary might mean turning the heating up to make the ICU start.

Back