Eco button ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cividan

The Eco button, what exactly does it do? My dealer didn't really seem to know if memory serve right he told us that it help save on fuel/energy somehow but to be honest the car was so technologically different for us that we might have missed a few things of what he explained us. So can anyone explain what does it change in the behavior of the car?

The main function of the ECO button is to change the response of the accelerator pedal - you have to depress it further to get the same amount of power that you would in 'normal' mode. AFAIK it doesn't affect the operation of other power drains, such as aircon, but i'm happy to be corrected.

From the 2018 manual:

ECO mode is an eco-driving support system which automatically controls the Plug-in Hybrid EV System and air conditioning system to improve fuel efficiency.
When the ECO mode is active, your vehicle will slowly accelerate even when you press the accelerator pedal.
Refer to “Automatic climate control air conditioner” on page 8-04.
The ECO mode starts working by pressing the ECO mode switch when the operation mode of the power switch is in ON.
Push the switch again and the ECO mode will cancel.
While the ECO mode is working, an ECO mode indicator will be turned on.

MrPastry said:
From the 2018 manual:

ECO mode is an eco-driving support system which automatically controls the Plug-in Hybrid EV System and air conditioning system to improve fuel efficiency.
When the ECO mode is active, your vehicle will slowly accelerate even when you press the accelerator pedal.
Refer to “Automatic climate control air conditioner” on page 8-04.
The ECO mode starts working by pressing the ECO mode switch when the operation mode of the power switch is in ON.
Push the switch again and the ECO mode will cancel.
While the ECO mode is working, an ECO mode indicator will be turned on.

:oops: Didn't think of looking that into the manual, shame on me.

Is there an electronic version of the owner manual (2019 canada version here), I don't really like to scroll thru hundred of page to try and find what I'm looking for.

Try this one.
I guess there may be some differences between models for UK & Canada.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/owners/manuals

MrPastry said:
Try this one.
I guess there may be some differences between models for UK & Canada.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/owners/manuals

Thanks, I tried to slip my way to this url into the canadian or USA mitsubishi website but didn't get thru so I guess Mitsubishi UK are more friendly about manual availability than mitsubishi North America.

I'll take your manual even it there might be slight difference it's better than no digital at all.

Back