TPIS more like total PITA!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molnboman

And I thought Volvo had a useless tyre pressure feature. Been trying to reset the tyre pressure warning without success. No spacesaver to check but still no fix yet. What am I doing wrong?

BR
A

So that the assembled knowledge here can help you, can you describe the process you are going through, and how/why (if it does at all) this varies from the simple instructions in your Owners Manual?

Thanks Richard. Issue us, no matter how I try to reset the 1-2 reset options on the TPMS the alert light does not stop flashing. Will I need to dealer to reset it for me?

BR
MM

Let's try another tack with the OP.

Why are you trying to reset the TPMS? Have you changed the wheels and/or tyres? Or are you just saying that the warning light suddenly activated? In which case are the tyres now correctly inflated or do you have an unfixed slow puncture?

Unless you are prepared to give us more information the Forum can't help and, yes, you will have to take your problem to the dealer. :idea:

If the light is flashing that indicates a fault, not a low pressure indication. The 1-2 and reset settings are for when you swap wheels or it’s not registering correctly inflated tyres properly.
You will need a garage to read the diagnostics code.

Molnboman said:
Thanks Richard. Issue us, no matter how I try to reset the 1-2 reset options on the TPMS the alert light does not stop flashing. Will I need to dealer to reset it for me?

BR
MM
Once pressures are corrected and you have done the reset , the light will continue to flash until driven.

Hi, thanks for the replies and apologies if I have been a little vague. Issue actually started the minute we had a cold spell....and the warning indicator light came on.However, since changing to winter tyres and wheels it continues to flash. Tried the 1-2 reset, no joy. Took it to the dealer, they tried the reset ,still no joy. I wonder if it was ever set up in the first place by the dealer when I bought in the Summer. Going to try and inflate the tyres to factory standard pressure and give it another go today. If it still doesn't work....well, it's back to the dealer.

Cheers
MM

Molnboman said:
Hi, thanks for the replies and apologies if I have been a little vague. Issue actually started the minute we had a cold spell....and the warning indicator light came on.However, since changing to winter tyres and wheels it continues to flash. Tried the 1-2 reset, no joy. Took it to the dealer, they tried the reset ,still no joy. I wonder if it was ever set up in the first place by the dealer when I bought in the Summer. Going to try and inflate the tyres to factory standard pressure and give it another go today. If it still doesn't work....well, it's back to the dealer.

Cheers
MM

Yep, that sounds like the answer. Warning light came on when tyre pressure dropped below threshold due to temperature. Do you know that the valves on the winter tyre wheels are TPMS? - if not you will get error. Even if they are, the codes have to be input by the dealer - so definitely a trip there is needed. :idea:

NB. It is possible one or more batteries in the valves themselves are dead and the valve itself will need replacing. As debated ad nauseum with others - unfortunately :lol: the Mitsu system doesn't display individual wheels, so just one faulty one will bring up the warning.

greendwarf said:
Molnboman said:

Cheers
MM

Yep, that sounds like the answer. Warning light came on when tyre pressure dropped below threshold due to temperature. Do you know that the valves on the winter tyre wheels are TPMS? - if not you will get error. Even if they are, the codes have to be input by the dealer - so definitely a trip there is needed. :idea:

NB. It is possible one or more batteries in the valves themselves are dead and the valve itself will need replacing. As debated ad nauseum with others - unfortunately :lol: the Mitsu system doesn't display individual wheels, so just one faulty one will bring up the warning.

Winter tyres and wheels were supplied new by the dealer, so I am assuming that they are, as they are a main Mitsubishi dealer.

BR
MM

Just a quick update. Took my car to the dealers who confirmed one of the tyre valves was faulty and a replacement will have to be installed.

BR
MM

Back