5th Service £485.75

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreebirdUK

Just had 5th Service at North City Autos in Chingford, cars done 28580ml.
Cost was £485.75 :shock: :shock:
Seems like a hell of a lot, car had a software update, C0040112 EV REMOTE ECU UPDATE (Expiry Date 01/09/2022)
Also Incident B Recall
Anyone know what that means?
Can anyone tell me how long the Anti-Corrosion Perforation Warranty is for please?
Thanks
Phil

4th service carried out in Oxford yesterday for £400 (I was quoted £488 to have it done at another local dealer).

North city are a Mitsubishi dealer right?

Not sure about others but I got quoted £640 from memory for my 60k mile service from Maidenhead, same with Winchester
It's about 1/3rd of the price with my local non-mitsubishi dealer who I've always found amazing.

No brainer for me, they're not touching the battery so I don't really feel arguments about using the dealer network are valid. The last time I had it serviced by a main dealer I was distinctly unimpressed

AndyInOz said:
Out of interest...

How did the non-dealer perform the software updates?

Ah, sorry, I took the car to a Mitsubishi dealer for the software update and other warranty work as I'm more than happy for them to charge their hourly rate to Mitsubishi, just not me

Good grief. I had the year 5 / 60k miles / 100k km service done here in France last week. It cost me a shade under Eu 270–. All the usual stuff plus software updated, plus spark plugs replaced under warranty (first recall campaign) and rear break calipers (I think) also replaced under warranty (second recall campaign). Almost worth the ferry fare for others to come across here !

I'm an outlander newbie having bought a '15 plate 4 months ago. Absolutely loving it. Sorry if this seems amateurish...

A main dealer has quoted me £550 for the 5th service for: "A mot is £45.00, the 5th annual service is £500.48 and there is a small recall on the vehicle to do with the EV Wi-Fi code.
The service will take around 2.5hrs alone as it’s a spark plug and tappet adjustment service."

It's done around 35K miles. Adjusting the tappets & sparkplugs???
None too impressed with the Mitsi app either so am tempted to stuff the wifi recall.

Halfords are quoting half this price. I've asked how much for the recall alone from the main dealer and will keep you posted.

Halfords can only do the mechanical maintenance. This car needs the electronics serviced as well. But it is on the high side...

When cars used to be serviced every 6 months, did we think £250 was too much? Dealers have high fixed costs to cover, across fewer customer visits. so inevitably charges have to rise to stay profitable - otherwise you run the risk of losing them.

Back