FM Expander for an Outlander 2014 running a J-11 head unit

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnw230873

Hi guys, we have just picked up a second hand 2014 PHEV and the car is driving well. One thing we do need to get sorted is the radio as it is a Japanese head unit and the FM Freq only goes up to 90Mhz.

I looked on a few websites in NZ and choose this unit after talking to a tech on line in a chat Window, from what it seemed this would be the correct unit.

Upon receiving the Expander I couldn't find a plug/socket on the back of the head unit that would fit this plug. What I could tell is that if I tuned into a local station "89.8" and pulled the Motorola plug out the station disappeared. This to me would indicate I need one of the old school expanders but I also contacted the car dealer (which is in another town) and he has told me the FM Expander doesn't plug in the motorola socket and instead another plug on the back of the unit, pull this suggested plug when the FM radio is running doesn't affect the station.

Has anyone installed a FM Expander onto a J-11 head unit ?

unit I brought is
https://www.crazysystems.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=fm%20expander&product_id=979

ta

Back