EV System Service Required

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkapz

Hi - I recently bought a 2015 Outlander PHEV. A couple days after buying it, we charged it at a fast charging Genie station (we'd done this once before at the same charging station without a problem) and after the charge, we got the "EV System Service Required" and the car woudn't start. Had to get a recovery guy out who happened to have a piece of kit that could reset the EV system and got us back on the road again relatively quickly after a huge amont of stress (car was packed up for holiday, kids in car, etc).

Now I haven't used a fast charge since which is really a pain as we don't have a way to plug in to our home (we live off the street where the car is). I'm afraid using it again will render the car unstartable again so I'm dreading it.

What to do? Should this go to the dealer? Could it have been a charging station/cable problem (used their built in CHAdeMO cable) as a couple people have suggested? The one thing that was different about the second charge at the Genie station was that there was another car using the slow charge cable at the same time. Could that be a problem?

I'm not sure the way forward with this but at the moment we're using the car uncharged which is bothersome!

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Low volts from the 12v battery will definitely cause that message.

I would check the battery off load, and on load - stopped, turned off, sidelights on.

Then if the battery is okay try a charge with the plug-in charger at a friend's house.

If that's okay try a fast charge with the CHAdeMO, but take a spanner with you so that you can disconnect then reconnect the 12v negative on the battery if you get the error, but after that a visit to the dealer is the next move.

First day I had my car I plugged it in to a 240v socket in the garage with the supplied charger. My daughter and Son-in-law arrived to look at our 'new' car. So I unlocked it and pressed the Power button to show them how it worked.
The next morning there was very little charge in the car and the 'EV system service' warning appeared a couple of times during the day.
That evening the car was plugged in again and left to charge with no interuptions, in the morning it was fully charged and the warning has never been seen again.

Make what you like out of it :?

Back