BMU Update during first service

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungrymackem

Just had first service on 2020 4H.

I know there has been a lot of discussion regarding the BMU on here.

Was informed they had performed an update on the BMU during the service.

Could not grab a word with any of the mechanics so see what this would have “improved”. I arrived at the dealer with 0 miles of battery, post service, electric range was 2 miles. They could have had car charging for some of the service.

I will keep an eye on battery range (guessometer) over the next week or so and report back.

hungrymackem said:
Just had first service on 2020 4H.

I know there has been a lot of discussion regarding the BMU on here.

Was informed they had performed an update on the BMU during the service.

Could not grab a word with any of the mechanics so see what this would have “improved”. I arrived at the dealer with 0 miles of battery, post service, electric range was 2 miles. They could have had car charging for some of the service.

I will keep an eye on battery range (guessometer) over the next week or so and report back.

I been into the dealers today regarding a new Outlander PHEV, had a chat about the BMU, they informed me this will be carried out at service time.

I do about 6000/7000 miles per year, how often does the BMU need updating?

Hello,

From the data gathered by the watchdog app I noticed a decreased by 1.3-1.5 Ah below the actually battery capacity measured by the service center for my '19 model every 3 months. Taking into account that you can use an average of 30 Ah on a full charge (1.5+ actually battery capacity drop can be as much as 10% of total EV range) I think that at least 4 BMU resets needs to be done every year. The thing is that on my '19 I did not manage to do a DIY BMU reset.

Back