Not charging on timer.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artleknock

I am sure that I am missing something obvious.
I've had the car, MY19 4H 68reg with 1400 on the clock, for a month now and had no trouble charging at night. The timer is set for 12.10 am to full, daily charge, to take advantage of night rate leccy, until the last couple of days there has been no problem. Using the granny cable in a 240v 13amp socket.
For the last three nights it hasn't charged, but if it is plugged in during the day with the timer off it charges OK.
Am I missing something? or is at a fault.

Artleknock said:
I am sure that I am missing something obvious.
I've had the car, MY19 4H 68reg with 1400 on the clock, for a month now and had no trouble charging at night. The timer is set for 12.10 am to full, daily charge, to take advantage of night rate leccy, until the last couple of days there has been no problem. Using the granny cable in a 240v 13amp socket.
For the last three nights it hasn't charged, but if it is plugged in during the day with the timer off it charges OK.
Am I missing something? or is at a fault.
Most likely a problem with the timer settings - I have disabled it, too much hassle and no real benefit.

too much hassle and no real benefit.

I think the OP has much lower overnight rates/kwh so doesn't want the charging to start until they kick in.
In the UK this is usually around midnight and no-one want to get up just to plug in at that time.
Often these rates can be less than 50% of the day rate so very much a worthwhile saving if you use it daily; and its environmentally friendly too.

Nibbo said:

I think the OP has much lower overnight rates/kwh so doesn't want the charging to start until they kick in.
In the UK this is usually around midnight and no-one want to get up just to plug in at that time.
Often these rates can be less than 50% of the day rate so very much a worthwhile saving if you use it daily; and its environmentally friendly too.

17.15P per Kwh, day rate.
11.17P per Kwh Night rate.
About 60p per charge, not much, but multiply by 365 and it's worth saving.

With me the difference is about 1.5 eurocent/kwh, or better said nothing as I am on a solar/grid system and barely use any grid electricity. Nor am I in bed before 1.00 AM.

Artleknock said:
Nibbo said:

17.15P per Kwh, day rate.
11.17P per Kwh Night rate.
About 60p per charge, not much, but multiply by 365 and it's worth saving.

Ouch! I thought I was doing badly on my EDF ECO20:20 @19.93 day & 10.83 night (9pm to 7am & all day weekends) so switched to EDF EV rate (16.07/8p same times) but standing charge is 28.18.

I've been using timers for months without issue (I hope I've not just jinxed myself), so I'm not sure what could have triggered the failure. Have you tried turning all the timers off and then starting from scratch? Do you use the timer on the central screen or the app?

We've just got our smartmeter fitted, so as of today we're on the EDF EV Tariff at 16p during the day, with 10 hours overnight (and all-day weekends) at 8p :mrgreen:

A couple of times, I've been caught because the plug (at the car end) wasn't fully seated.

I cleaned the outside surface of the plug and it hasn't happened again.

I have just discovered that if you set the timer and plug in the charge cable, then for some reason unplug the cable then connect it again the timer will not work. You need to start the setup again, when reconnecting, get in the car and press the power switch on then press to turn the car off before plugging in again.

I have just discovered that if you set the timer and plug in the charge cable, then for some reason unplug the cable then connect it again the timer will not work. You need to start the setup again, when reconnecting, get in the car and press the power switch on then press to turn the car off before plugging in again.

Aye, I've noticed that as well. Sometimes after I unplug and plug it again, it even starts charging immediately, even if, by schedule, it wasn't supposed to start before 1 AM.

Back