Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:28 am
Posts: 27
What are your pet peeves on the controls of the car?

Mine are:
1. the location of the EV, Charge and Save buttons. Why couldn't they all be the same button and in a better location?
2. the windshield defrost. The fan always starts up at high speed. I turn it down, but the next time I turn on the defrost it's at high speed again. Not sure why it can't remember the last setting.

_________________
-------
Owner since 2019-06-21
GT SAWC
Vancouver, BC, Canada


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:18 pm
Posts: 4362
Location: Netherlands
1. A simple matter of muscle memory - in time you will be able to use them blindfold - not that you will need to use them that often.
2. Isn't the whole point of defrost to clear the windscreen as fast as possible, meaning that the fan runs at high speed?

_________________
Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:32 pm
Posts: 1935
mbasjm wrote:
2. the windshield defrost. The fan always starts up at high speed. I turn it down, but the next time I turn on the defrost it's at high speed again. Not sure why it can't remember the last setting.


Not on my 2014 car - so long as I remember to turn it down to minimum before I turn off, it starts up at that level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:35 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Saratoga, CA
mbasjm wrote:
What are your pet peeves on the controls of the car?

Mine are:
1. the location of the EV, Charge and Save buttons. Why couldn't they all be the same button and in a better location?
2. the windshield defrost. The fan always starts up at high speed. I turn it down, but the next time I turn on the defrost it's at high speed again. Not sure why it can't remember the last setting.


The fact that the display in the center console always reverts to showing the radio channel and I have to select whatever option I want to see, EVERY single time I start the car.

jaapv wrote:
1. A simple matter of muscle memory - in time you will be able to use them blindfold - not that you will need to use them that often.
2. Isn't the whole point of defrost to clear the windscreen as fast as possible, meaning that the fan runs at high speed?

1. These controls are also a pet peeve of mine. I'm always having to constantly press buttons every single time I get in the car. 48 seconds before getting on the freeway, CHARGE mode, then SAVE mode, to warm up the ICE and keep it on. Getting off the freeway or getting into a traffic jam, SAVE mode off.

2. An alternate use of it is preventing the windshield from fogging, even if it's not presently fogged. And for this use, you don't need to blast the fan as high as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:45 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Montreal, Canada
STS134 wrote:
mbasjm wrote:
What are your pet peeves on the controls of the car?

Mine are:
1. the location of the EV, Charge and Save buttons. Why couldn't they all be the same button and in a better location?
2. the windshield defrost. The fan always starts up at high speed. I turn it down, but the next time I turn on the defrost it's at high speed again. Not sure why it can't remember the last setting.


The fact that the display in the center console always reverts to showing the radio channel and I have to select whatever option I want to see, EVERY single time I start the car.

jaapv wrote:
1. A simple matter of muscle memory - in time you will be able to use them blindfold - not that you will need to use them that often.
2. Isn't the whole point of defrost to clear the windscreen as fast as possible, meaning that the fan runs at high speed?

1. These controls are also a pet peeve of mine. I'm always having to constantly press buttons every single time I get in the car. 48 seconds before getting on the freeway, CHARGE mode, then SAVE mode, to warm up the ICE and keep it on. Getting off the freeway or getting into a traffic jam, SAVE mode off.

2. An alternate use of it is preventing the windshield from fogging, even if it's not presently fogged. And for this use, you don't need to blast the fan as high as possible.



Oh thank god i'm not the only one with these feeling...
1- The windshield deforst
2- display that revert back to radio each time, even the sub menu also revert to their default screen, IE: the display for electric flow (my car is in french and I don't remember all the name of the icon yet)
3- The location of the SAVE, Charge and EV buttons.

And i'll add 2 of my own not mentioned:

4- The lack of console/storage space due to the location of these button
5- The size and distance relative to the driver seat of the "shift arm" (the arm that you use to go into drive or reverse)

_________________
Outlander PHEV 2019 (Us & Canada version)
Location: Laval, Quebec, Canada


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:35 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Saratoga, CA
Cividan wrote:
2- display that revert back to radio each time, even the sub menu also revert to their default screen, IE: the display for electric flow (my car is in french and I don't remember all the name of the icon yet)


You should be able to select another language if you want to. I don't remember exactly where the option was, but it's there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 pm
Posts: 92
Location: British Columbia, Canada
The location of the seat heaters ... basically under the center armrest. I need to look away from the road to use them (2018 Canada). The location of the steering wheel heater isn't much better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:18 pm
Posts: 4362
Location: Netherlands
STS134 wrote:
mbasjm wrote:
What are your pet peeves on the controls of the car?

Mine are:
1. the location of the EV, Charge and Save buttons. Why couldn't they all be the same button and in a better location?
2. the windshield defrost. The fan always starts up at high speed. I turn it down, but the next time I turn on the defrost it's at high speed again. Not sure why it can't remember the last setting.


The fact that the display in the center console always reverts to showing the radio channel and I have to select whatever option I want to see, EVERY single time I start the car.

jaapv wrote:
1. A simple matter of muscle memory - in time you will be able to use them blindfold - not that you will need to use them that often.
2. Isn't the whole point of defrost to clear the windscreen as fast as possible, meaning that the fan runs at high speed?

1. These controls are also a pet peeve of mine. I'm always having to constantly press buttons every single time I get in the car. 48 seconds before getting on the freeway, CHARGE mode, then SAVE mode, to warm up the ICE and keep it on. Getting off the freeway or getting into a traffic jam, SAVE mode off.

2. An alternate use of it is preventing the windshield from fogging, even if it's not presently fogged. And for this use, you don't need to blast the fan as high as possible.

I assume you cannot play a piano either... :mrgreen:

_________________
Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:18 am
Posts: 529
Location: Yorkshire end of M1, UK
STS134 wrote:
Cividan wrote:
2- display that revert back to radio each time, even the sub menu also revert to their default screen, IE: the display for electric flow (my car is in french and I don't remember all the name of the icon yet)


You should be able to select another language if you want to. I don't remember exactly where the option was, but it's there.

Did you even consider that he might want it to be in French, seeing how he lives in Montreal?

_________________
2015 GX4hs since 03/18
2015 Renault Zoe R240 owner since 11/17

You may have speed, but I have momentum...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: controls that I can't stand
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:45 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Montreal, Canada
ThudnBlundr wrote:
STS134 wrote:
Cividan wrote:
2- display that revert back to radio each time, even the sub menu also revert to their default screen, IE: the display for electric flow (my car is in french and I don't remember all the name of the icon yet)


You should be able to select another language if you want to. I don't remember exactly where the option was, but it's there.

Did you even consider that he might want it to be in French, seeing how he lives in Montreal?


Yeah that was not a complain just a comment that mine is in french and since I don't know all the name by heart it's sometimes hard to translate and yes if anyone wonder there is an opiton in the setting to change the language and I did put it in english a bit to figure out what each menu means as often the translation isn't very clear and to be honest even if we speak french around here when we talk about car many parts name are used in english and we often don't even know the name in french.

_________________
Outlander PHEV 2019 (Us & Canada version)
Location: Laval, Quebec, Canada


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
© Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group