Save Mode - Does it charge?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iDriver

I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Basically, let's say I have the battery at 80% and hit the Save button. I then do a couple of big hill climbs that bring the battery to 60%. When I get back down to the valley, will the car continue to run the engiine and charge me back up to 80%? Or, will it just "save" the remaining 60%?

iDriver said:
I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Basically, let's say I have the battery at 80% and hit the Save button. I then do a couple of big hill climbs that bring the battery to 60%. When I get back down to the valley, will the car continue to run the engiine and charge me back up to 80%? Or, will it just "save" the remaining 60%?

It will charge you back up to 80% and turn off. when you drop down, The ICE will start again and just keep cycling like that. That is how you can get great fuel consumption. Its how I use our companies PHEV when i have it

Continuous short cycles of the ICE is not efficient.

Certainly use SAVE to attack the hills, but otherwise run the battery down to 10%, then run the ICE continuously in CHRG for 20 miles, then run EV down to 10% again, repeat as necessary.

Back