'EV Service Required' message

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloggsy

Morning folks - I know there's a few threads about the appearance of the dreaded 'EV Service Required' error message on the dashboard but I thought I'd put this separately so as many people can see this :D

So, after buying my car the message first appeared after 2 weeks and searching the forums I found one about checking the tyre pressures. I ensured they were all to the manufacturer's standard but I did notice that all 4 were close to the limit (they were the original tyres) and there was uneven tread on the tyres on the same axle - both front and back :?

I'm due a service in May, so I intended to wait until then to have it looked at but I later noticed that one of my tyres had a 'crack' around the rim and I decided to replace all 4 tyres and, since then, this error message has not re-appeared!

The system appears to have some link with tyres / suspension so, if you get this error message, I'd suggest checking that part of your car.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Back