Podpoint EV Home charger

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3575

I order my Podpoint EV charger 18th February 2020, Podpoint gave me an installation date of 20th March 2020, yesterday morning I received a phone call from Podpoint the installer has phone in sick (I thought fair enough with the ongoing situation) and was assured that by the end of the working day they would email me with a new appointment.

We today nothing, phone the office closed until Monday 9.00 - 17.00, fair enough, I have checked Podpoint online review, Trust pilot reviews didn't fair well, it would appear once you have paid up front thing go downhill, it appears cancelling on the morning of the installation is common practise, and if the EV develops a fault they are less than interested, are these reviews trustworthy.

I had a podpoint installed last July.
No issues at all.
Turned up when they said and have had no issues with the charger.

derbybiker said:
I had a podpoint installed last July.
No issues at all.
Turned up when they said and have had no issues with the charger.

That reassuring, on the Podpoint site the reviews are quite good, on Trust Pilot Podpoint is average and Chargemaster abysmal.

Same for me - I emailed over photos and plan, and they gave me a date for installation for about a week's time. The installer turned up exactly at the time they said, and did a superb job. He even vacuumed the brick dust and wiped all trace of dirt off the inside walls, then walked round making sure he hadn't dropped any packaging, screws etc. Reassuring that he turned up in an Outlander PHEV too.

The only discrepancy I found was that the person in the office said they'd use an existing slot in my consumer unit for the breaker, whereas they actually fitted a separate box for it. Not a big deal as I've got loads of room around my consumer unit.

I had to chase up Podpoint yesterday morning, an hour later they emailed through an provisional installation for 21/04/2020, last night the UK has gone down into lockdown, so I am obviously expecting a cancellation.

Our property is a 3 year old bungalow with our own private drive, we have a separate slot on our consumer unit, but this would mean drilling through the gable wall and going across the loft space. Fortunately our external electric supply is about 3 metres from the desirable Podpoint installation, so hopefully they can do an external installation.

Mixed fortunes for me getting a tethered unit installed - installer turned up on the correct date - installed wall unit and then informed me he had brought the wrong cable - rescheduled installation for 3 weeks later - on morning of installation date I got a call from installer asking if I had received the cable through the post - I had not - turned out he had forgotten to order it - had to wait another 3 weeks - day before installation cable was delivered - nobody at home because nobody had told me it was arriving - couldn't pick up from post office for 24 hours so installation postponed for another week.
Eventually got installed 7 weeks later than planned - since then no issues with charger itself - and the installer did a good job - extremely neat - and extra bonus about a week later - Podpoint refunded the cost of my unit.
Incidentally when I was getting quotes Chargemaster were around 3 times the price for a basic unit (no wifi)

Well Pod Point turned up this morning and fitted the EV home charger, the engineer was a nice bloke carried out an A1 job, most impressed. He turned up in a Mitsubishi PHEV commercial so demonstrated the unit on his vehicle, unfortunately my new PHEV is stuck at the main dealership.

Back