A few questions!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrasher

Hi All,

New owner, just bought a 66 plate PHEV. I have no idea on the "model" or anything but it seems pretty basic. I have a few questions!

1. Is a 66 a 2017 MY?
2. Can I retrofit MMCS?
3. I have come from a Range Rover where I had an IID tool which could read every ECU in the car and also reconfigure settings - does such a thing exist for these? (I do not mean a basic ODBII reader!)

Thanks in advance :)

Definitely probably :). My 65 plate was delivered on Xmas eve and is the (facelifted) 2016 model, but there are 65 plate 2015 models around. I don't think there were many (any?) changes for 2017.

MUT-III software - am I reading this right that it needs IE 5 (!!!) and XP to work properly? I can't imagine it has much that can deal with a PHEV in this instance?

It does work in newer versions of Windows - that's just what the requirements were when it was initially released. However it was intended to be used on Mitsubishi provided laptops, so there may well be some things that don't quite seem right on some hardware. You're also supposed to use the proper MUT-III hardware interface onto the OBD socket, rather than a generic OBDII to serial interface.

The Outlander as a model has been around since 2001, although only available in PHEV form since 2012. MUT on the other hand has been around since the 1980s in one form or another :)

Ah Cheers :)

Well I've ordered an MMCS from a scrapped PHEV so I guess I'll find out if it's plug and play soon enough - and if the extra wiring is in the there for things I don't have with the current head unit!

CAN BOX has arrived. All fitted and I now have the EV screens and the ability to change car settings :)

Oh plus I can now schedule my charging and preheat :D

Antenna should be here early next week. So fairly painless process to upgrade the car - no need for any coding to be done.

Next on my list :

Collision alert system
Adaptive cruise

If anyone has already fitted these please let me know. I have discovered my vehicle is a GX3H+ apparently - so hopefully it will be a 3H+++++ by the time I finish with it. Might upgrade the interior too.

Thrasher said:
Oh plus I can now schedule my charging and preheat :D

I have discovered my vehicle is a GX3H+ apparently

Don't want to piss on your strawberries but if it's 'only' a 3 it doesn't have the electric heater in the coolant circuit so you won't get much in the way of pre-heating.

Don't want to piss on your strawberries but if it's 'only' a 3 it doesn't have the electric heater in the coolant circuit so you won't get much in the way of pre-heating.

It's a plus - it does have it. I have tested it already ;)

Thrasher said:
Collision alert system
Adaptive cruise

Top job on the MMCS with EV screens, I am impressed.
Let us know how you get on with the other two, I would be interested in both of these options...

Nice DIY project! Please keep us posted.
I am only waiting my wife to buy another (PH)EV so I get more time to play with this car.

In this case, could you code the guess o meter to display the oo (infinite - divide by zero) EV range? :)

Tai

littlescrote said:
greendwarf said:
The Gx3h+ does have the heater, as I recall. That's what the "+" means.

Ah, nice one. You learn something new everyday :D

Would have cost an extra £1500 at the time and, as my late wife insisted on travelling with the window open, even in the depth of winter :roll: it seemed like a waste of money at the time. Little did I know she was going to bugger off and leave me to freeze on my own - now doubt she is laughing about it now from beyond the grave. :lol:

Back