Upgrading vehicles - from a 66 plate to a 69 plate

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WatttPHEV

I am are currently looking at upgrading from a 66 plate to a 69 plate and wanted to know the differences? I've tried searching online to no real avail. But then I thought that combined knowledge of the members forum will be far better than any search online information! So....
Would greatly appreciate the help...
Was looking at a change to a 68 plate model and then noticed that there was a further upgrade when I looked at a 69 plate model. Besides the obvious engine change, I noticed the model changed from a 4H to Dynamic model with upgrades to the dashboard/screen and instrumentation.
Can anybody kindly list the main key differences between a 66 plate and 69 plate model?
thank you

In America, we do not understand your plate numbers in U.K. I presume it is an option package and we will learn more in the following replies.

I went from a 16 plate to an 18 plate. The 16 plate was "v2" of the car, 18 plate was "v3", and I think 19/69 will only be minor mods beyond 18 ("v3.1" if you like).
Things that I can remember about the change: bigger ICE, bigger battery, more powerful elec motors, stiffer body and suspension, EV mode (came in at 17 I think), Sport mode, heated windscreen (now deleted I think), no sunroof (shame), CarPlay, electric handbrake and autohold (also in at 17 I think), minor body shape changes. It's basically a new car under the same skin.

Andrev the number relates to a year and makes up part of the car registration plate. 16 is a car first bought between April and September 2016, 66 is from October 2016 to April 2017, etc. This is a historic thing with the UK car market which really distorts buying patterns with an April and October bulge. It also runs out of phase with the Auto OEMs "model years", for example a 20MY car would have been available from Autumn 2019. Simple huh ?

There used to be only one plate per year, but that led to new buyers delaying purchase until the new number was issued, a "status" thing, leading to very peaky car sales.
I hardly notice the numbers now, I couldn't have told you the difference between 16 and 66, so thanks for the explanation!
Can't imagine what the two 2020 numbers are going to be - 20 and 22? Then what will 2022 be?

Hi,

Pretty sure it will be 20 and 70 - assuming it follows on from 5x and 6x as we had 09,59 and 19,69 etc.

It's fairy simple. The second registration number in a year is always 50 more than the first :)

Back