UNEXPECTED CHARGE POINTS - PLEASE ADD!!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaapv

1. The ferry Dover-Hoek van Holland. On the rear of the car deck, one point left, one point right, free. Apply on booking.
Type 1-2 cable
2. Tortworth Court Hotel, Wotton-under Edge.
One point, free, apply at booking.
Standard three-prong

Hi,
There is something called openchargemap.org that also provide a free app (at least for Android, haven't looked at Apple) and they allow you to add/correct charging locations directly (I believe, I've only played with the app a few times out of interest). It does seem to list all the charging locations where I live that I know about so seems a reasonable place to start adding more.
Kind regards,
Mark

Open charge map does exist in the apple app store, I've just downloaded it to have a look.

Yes, there are a number of apps and sites that list charge points. This thread is meant for the unlisted and unknown ones.

jaapv said:
Yes, there are a number of apps and sites that list charge points. This thread is meant for the unlisted and unknown ones.
But what is the point of listing new charge points on this forum unless they also get added to "something" that enables them to be easily located and used?
Kind regards,
Mark

Just a thread where forum members can exchange information about "finds" What is wrong with that? I found this kind of thread quite helpful on another PHEV forum....
It certainly doesn't prevent people from adding them wherever....

jaapv said:
Just a thread where forum members can exchange information about "finds" What is wrong with that? I found this kind of thread quite helpful on another PHEV forum....
It certainly doesn't prevent people from adding them wherever....

Especially for those Luddites like myself who don't have a smart 'phone or tablet!

Hi
I take your points. I have added Tortworth Court Hotel to the openchargemap.org site. Took 5 mins from a phone. Jaapv, when you get chance can you see if I've added it correctly as it's the first I've done and you stayed there?
Kind regards
Mark

Hi
Just had a look at the website from my phone and under options, choose browse, awaiting review. It's there. It would be good to get it checked by you before they approve it.
Kind regards,
Mark

Hi Jaap,
Our system does rely on charging locations being associated with a specific location, so in this case I would suggest adding the charge point at the ferry terminal in either Dover or Hoek van Holland (or both) with a comment to say that the charge point is located aboard a specific ferry (or all ferries if applicable).

Best regards,
Christopher Cook
Open Charge Map

FYI.

So, go ahead...:D

jaapv said:
Hi Jaap,
Our system does rely on charging locations being associated with a specific location, so in this case I would suggest adding the charge point at the ferry terminal in either Dover or Hoek van Holland (or both) with a comment to say that the charge point is located aboard a specific ferry (or all ferries if applicable).

Best regards,
Christopher Cook
Open Charge Map
Hi
Sorry, I think this one is above my pay grade.
Kind regards
Mark

FYI.

So, go ahead...:D

Does any forum member know if there is a way to manually add a charging point manually from either going manually to a map location, or manually from a button on the NAV system to directly enter by the car software, rather than some fictional means of a web site download. ? I am looking at adding these to my personal GPS nav address book.

Soest in Germany (near the Mohnesee). Delighted today to find three vacant charging bays in the main covered car park in central Soest. 4 hours parking for Eu 2.50 and free charge. This must be worth an extra petal. Added bonus was seeing my e-range show 58km as I drove away; German electricity must give more km per volt than the French!

gwatpe said:
Does any forum member know if there is a way to manually add a charging point manually from either going manually to a map location, or manually from a button on the NAV system to directly enter by the car software, rather than some fictional means of a web site download. ? I am looking at adding these to my personal GPS nav address book.

Looking at the charge point update file, it is a file with the extension ".dfl" which is a file format that Windows software can open. I have a MAC so cant try this. The dfl file extension is associated with "Fresh Download" an Internet data downloads management application for Microsoft Windows operating system and used for files that contain list of downloads.

Therefore it may be possible to edit the Mitsubishi update file to include locations manually, I expect they are in the same, or similar, format that speed camera software uses (lat / long etc.) but that is only a guess.

It's a shame that HERE maps cannot be updated easily on the Outlander, when you can get the program free (with world-wide maps) on your mobile phone, with regular updates.

stopped on J14 M4 westbound
Ecotricity chargers, one of them faulty, the other says charging...but no car
it seems that the previous user did not stop the charging properly so no one was able to use it after him.

levant said:
stopped on J14 M4 westbound
Ecotricity chargers, one of them faulty, the other says charging...but no car
it seems that the previous user did not stop the charging properly so no one was able to use it after him.

You can always perform an emergency stop, then reset it with a pull on the power knob with a 1/4 turn.

Back