Clock weirdness

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMiller

In the current lockdown, I took the PHEV out today for its weekly run to the shops. I noticed that the clock displayed on the MMCS was 9 hours ahead of BST. On the way back it was 10 hrs ahead. After recharging was complete, it was back to the correct time. I was under the impression that the time came from the DAB broadcast (or maybe GPS) - so I'm unable to account for this odd behaviour, but it's more a source of amusement than a problem.

Not quite the same but I have noticed strange times coming up once or twice before - I think when crossing under the channel. Perhaps it didn't pick up the change to BST correctly at the end of March and you didn't notice then?

Thanks greendwarf, that does seem to have been the problem. I take a snap of the charging cost screen on the last day of the month, and on the 31st March the clock was still on GMT. I didn't turn the car on fully, just two pushes on the 'Starter' button to wake the MMCS up, so maybe it doesn't update the time until it's running or plugged in. But I still find it hard to understand why it should update one hour at a time, as though it were an analogue clock!

Thinking about it, one occasion I noticed it was 10 hours out after leaving the tunnel but had corrected by next morning :roll:

Back