Close Windows / Sunroof when locking car

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexBorro

I did read some topics about this issue with no conclusion at all, so I'm trying to check if someone came up with a solution for this.

I'm a proud owner of an Instyle+ 2016 and this is my most "luxurious" car I have ever had. But it lacks some simple features that annoys me a lot.
Closing windows and sunroof when you lock the car is one of them I miss the most.

Spring in The Netherlands is amazingly beautiful and pleasant, with many many flowers flying all around on the wind.
But, If you happen to forget your sunroof opened (even just tilted), after a few hours your are gonna have a car almost full of flower. It did happen to me twice in one week. It is very annoying. I'm just avoiding opening the sunroof because I WILL forget to close it, for sure.

That being said, anybody has a hint on how to solve this issue?

I was looking for some hidden feature that could be enable with ETACS Decoder, but as far as I could search, I didn't find such feature.

Any third-party equipment we can install to have this feature?

Cheers.

Alex.

You can get an aftermarket kit to raise/lower windows on lock/unlock etc, e.g.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000109314396.html?

Don't know about the sunroof, haven't looked into it. Perhaps adapt that kit?

You mean 'pollen' not, complete flowers (that would be cool)

ETACS through a vague russian site can change only the ability to use the button to close the roof after power down, not the actual closing automatically.

For the latter there is a solution mentioned in the Dutch PHEV outlander forum. This is a hand-made module that applies power to the roof to close after power down. It requires said ETACS vague pay through more vague russian site coding change though. Which is why I'm not very keen on it any more (long story).

However, I still have a few ideas to tackle this by circumventing the whole ETACS completely, so an autonomous roof closer with options: close with windows, close at power down, or smarter (which is where I start to get interested) close when rain detected, close when temp is dropping, close x time after power down and so on.

Little time available to build, program, test and hack so this is a long term thing.

Back