Anyone got a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chibr

Looks like the ultimate tight arse mountainbiker’s company car. Good economy (amazing on a shortish commute), tiny BIK tax, massive load area, cheap to lease, 4×4 etc etc. OK, so it’s not German and the interior looks a bit low rent. Very tempted when the time comes to change. I reckon it would save me about £1500 a year compared to by current car in tax and fuel. Anyone already got one?

Yes - and wouldn't want to not have it. All the above plus no congestion charge and almost free parking in Westminster (you pay for 10 mins in every 4 hours). If you live and work in Lundun it's a no brainer. :mrgreen:

I can't afford to buy new, my 2014 cost me £15K.

If I could afford a new car, I would try to stretch to a Tesla Model 3 at about £40K, compared to a new PHEV at £35K.

Chibr said:
Looks like the ultimate tight arse mountainbiker’s company car. Good economy (amazing on a shortish commute), tiny BIK tax, massive load area, cheap to lease, 4×4 etc etc. OK, so it’s not German and the interior looks a bit low rent. Very tempted when the time comes to change. I reckon it would save me about £1500 a year compared to by current car in tax and fuel. Anyone already got one?
What a place to ask. :lol: :lol:
Yes, tens of thousands have one - and it is all you say. I have one since Dec. 2013 and 140.000 km and my dealer can't get me to trade it in. Now he is trying to persuade me to get the dents and scratches out. ;)
Pedant remark - it is not 4x4, but 4WD - more of a softroader than an all-terrain vehicle.

I am also a "tight arse mountain biker" and got mine last year, but as a private car, for most of those reasons. Plus you can sleep at the trail in it without needing to bother with a tent.

Back