Newbie saying Hi

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulo

Hi, all,

Just saying hello. I've got a Gx4h on order in metallic blue. Apparently it was docked on 1st September, so when it'll get to me is anybody's guess! Getting a bit excited, but apprehensive not really knowing what to expect, long-term. Was really impressed on the test drive, booted it about a bit, just to gauge what an electric car could do. I won't be driving like that all the time, after all it's lower running costs we're chasing, isn't it? I'll be asking questions soon, no doubt, so pay attention, keyboards at the ready! :)

Best regards, Ray.

Regulo said:
Hi, all,

booted it about a bit, just to gauge what an electric car could do. I won't be driving like that all the time, after all it's lower running costs we're chasing, isn't it?

Hi Ray,

Lower running cost is nice but it's good that the car can do a bit more than that :cool:

Regulo said:
Hi, all,

Just saying hello. I've got a Gx4h on order in metallic blue. Apparently it was docked on 1st September, so when it'll get to me is anybody's guess! Getting a bit excited, but apprehensive not really knowing what to expect, long-term. Was really impressed on the test drive, booted it about a bit, just to gauge what an electric car could do. I won't be driving like that all the time, after all it's lower running costs we're chasing, isn't it? I'll be asking questions soon, no doubt, so pay attention, keyboards at the ready! :)

Best regards, Ray.

excellent choice. right model, right colour! ;) just hope mine is ahead of yours in the portbury queue.

Welcome and +1 re colour/model!

Don't worry, the car is great. And don't be put off by my mpg below - currently clawing it back after a couple of holidays without plugging in (where it behaves just like a "normal" large family car).

This is the right place for queries - fire away (and someone far more knowledgeable than me will set you straight)!

Cheers
H

Thanks for the welcome. I'm currently driving a 2.4 Diesel Volvo V70, and the fuel consumption has never bettered 35 mpg, even on a clear run with cruise control on! Pottering about locally, I dread to think what it is! To be fair I never really did my research before buying it - if I had, I would have discovered even Volvo's official mpg was given as 35 mpg. Knowing what we know about manufacturers claimed mpg figures, I suppose I'm not doing bad! So even if I can't better that on the Mitsu's ICE on a run, I'll be happy, knowing it's costing next to nothing around town. Where is it, that's what I want to know!

+1 for the model but -1 for the colour (I've gone black) :)

Mines just docked today so counting down now!

Back