Very loud beeping with no warning lights

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kojolaing

Hi everyone

I have a 2019 model Outlander PHEV and this issue is driving me mad.
Every time I start the car, within 10 seconds (doesn’t matter whether I’m stationary or moving), this piercing loud beep starts, and carries on regardless for 2 full minutes, and then stops. No warnings on the dash, nothing visually to tell me what is going on. A constant, very loud beeeep, beeeep, beeeep on the inside of the car only. I have resorted to starting the car, getting out and waiting 2 minutes for the car to stop beeping before starting my journey.

Anyone know what this could be?

Oh and when the sound stops after 2 minutes, 10 seconds later there is a final “beep beep”

As I said no warning lights whatsoever, no messages, the car drives fine before, during and after the beeping.

Any help will be much appreciated!

My best guess is that you have something on one of the empty seats so it thinks there's someone sitting there without a seat belt on.
Try fastening all the seatbelts. If the noise goes away then you know you're in the right ball park. Then you can narrow it down to one seat and check the occupancy sensor on it.

Back