Information on Service Plan

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitestar1

Hi All
I just bought a Phev 3h+ 2016. I had a monthly payable service plan with Evans Halshaw for my Ford. Is there such a service plan plus MOT for the Phev?

Thanks for your reply.

May depend which country you are in. The UK garagres certainly offer service plans:

Follow link for a quote and to see options:

https://emgmotorgroup.service123.co.uk/ServicePlan/Quote

;

Service Plans are overall a waste of consumers money - like most "insurance products". Although individual users might find themselves in pocket, the majority will not (otherwise the provider makes no money :idea: ) The only "good" reason for having one is "convenience" - not saving money! :ugeek:

greendwarf said:
Service Plans are overall a waste of consumers money - like most "insurance products". Although individual users might find themselves in pocket, the majority will not (otherwise the provider makes no money :idea: ) The only "good" reason for having one is "convenience" - not saving money! :ugeek:
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say "Rubbish". Our plan gives us money off parts as well as service pricing fixed at this year's prices. Now prices seldom go down for servicing (though who knows this year?), so it's not a waste of money, and neither is it an 'insurance product'

greendwarf is correct in general terms - the insurance company underwriting such products will have made careful calculations to ensure they're charging more than the expected cost. But the deal I got on a service plan when I bought mine - a fixed price of £500 for the first 3 years services - was a bargain, I assume subsidised my Mitsubishi as a form of product promotion.

The price of the service is fixed in advance and will not vary. Any additional items will need to be paid for. So there's no risk to insure.

The dealer tying you in to another service, so they're simply giving you a reason to do so by fixing the price and the discount, while taking your money up front.

Unfortunately ThudnBlundr missed the point of my response to the OP question.

Even though I do not buy "insurance" type extended warranties etc., I did also buy the £500 3 year Service Plan for my brand new PHEV in 2014 - which was part of the sales promotion. What the OP was asking about was a monthly payment Service Plan on a second hand car - which is almost certainly an "insurance" type product. :roll:

Your dealer should be able to set this up for you assuming you are in the UK.
I had mine booked in for a service last week and was signed up there and then.
The deal was £425 for the service (£100 off normal service cost) plus £33 per month for the next 12 months.
This includes two years servicing plus two years MOT's.
I thought it was quite a good deal.

The only reason I can think that this sort of product could become "a good deal" (against Which? standard advice) is that dealers under current Covid19 restrictions are desperate for cash flow and prepared to take a "hit" later. :idea:

Back