Small But Annoying Noises

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisoneisme

Hi all,

I have a UK model 2016 GX5H with two small but annoying noises.

The automatic Tailgate Closing Mechanism has, in the last 12 months, acquired a squeak only when closing.

Has anyone had the same problem and has it been cured by lubrication. If so what is the best lubricant to use?

The next annoying noise is a ‘plasticky’ sort of click apparently coming from the steering wheel area when making a right hand turn and when the wheel is turned 15 degrees or more. This seems to be only when the weather is cool/cold or wet.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks

I had a squeak develop in the tailgate struts and I just used a bicycle lubricating spray that I had in the garage (it contained Teflon) and sprayed it around the top and bottom of the structs as well as along the length of the smaller half of the strut (which goes into the larger diameter strut, of course), and then opened and closed it a couple of times which seems to have worked.

I don't have the other noise, though, so can't help there - sorry!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Your steering wheel click sounds like a perfectly normal thing where the actuator for the turn signal cancelling is in action.

Thanks for the replies received so far.

The squeak is coming from the electronically operated door opener/closer and the annoying click in the steering wheel area can be heard regardless whether the turn signal is being used or not, it is in addition to, and only when the steering wheel is turned to the right.

Back