New Owner Questions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattr76

Hi, I'm a new owner of a 2020 model! We love it so far, and I've appreciated lurking in this online community. I've noticed a couple things that I'd like to understand better:

1. The gas engine has come on a couple times recently without any obvious reason. Slow driving, no A/C, warm weather, at least 3/8 battery remaining. The fuel tank was topped off by the dealer when we bought it a few weeks ago.

2. When plugging in with the battery almost fully drained, the car initially reports a very large estimate for charge, like 21 hours (in 8A mode). This drops to something more reasonable within the first hour of charging. It's like it's ramping up the acceptance rate or something.

Before purchasing, we rented a 2018 model for a weekend and didn't notice either of these behaviors. Just wondering if anyone out there has ideas!

It takes quite some time to adjust your driving style to avoid the momentary acceleration that fires up the ICE - Hyde Park corner in London is still an occasional problem for me after 6 years :lol:

I can't comment on the charging time at 8A as this is a N America feature.

I suspect that there is some algorithm trying to protect things by being overly cautious in charging and adjusting the rate as it establishes all the parameters that are important to it.

Back