Hands free phone volume too low to hear

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatEV

Hi there

I have recently bought an Outlander PHEV (2017) and I am struggling with the hands free in car phone speaker volume. I have android auto. Sound only comes from the passenger side but the main issue is it is so low volume it is hard to hear.
I wondered if anyone has the same problem and / or if there is any software upgrades that are available that I might need ?

Thanks so much 😊

Turn up the volume on the car - similar problem in another post last week (and my own experience) :idea:

If your software version is B,D,E,I,L,N,O,Q OR 1E then there is an update available for this issue.

If you version is 1G then you already have it.

Thanks Dibby,
How do I check SW version?
On the MMC it appears that my version is "CR" but not sure if that is what you are referring to.
Is the update a dealer job?

Thanks again,
mark

I had the same. Just turn up the volume using the steering wheel control during a phone call.

Which works this way regardless of software version. It did so from day one on my 2013 car.Volume is controlled by the volume control on the steering wheel when the phone connection is active.
That the sound comes from the passenger side is normal.

jaapv said:

Passenger side depends on which side the steering wheel is on... mine is RHD and sound was from passenger side.
I changed it in the settings somewhere to LHD and now it comes from the drivers side, much clearer sound ;)

Nibbo said:
jaapv said:

Passenger side depends on which side the steering wheel is on... mine is RHD and sound was from passenger side.
I changed it in the settings somewhere to LHD and now it comes from the drivers side, much clearer sound ;)

Thanks Nibbo - that's always bugged me! :lol: I'll have to try and remember to have a look through the settings tomorrow - I don't recall ever seeing this when I have been playing about with the Infotainment System previously.

Cheers

Bloggsy

I've tried to find the setting to change the car to LHD so the volume comes out of the right hand speaker, as Nibbo has done, but I can't seem to find it on the Infosystem. Can anyone tell me where it is please?

Cheers

Bloggsy

Back