littlescrote

Re: Slight squeal from rear

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:36 am

jaapv wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:55 am
How do you link "cheap rubbish" to "French"? Rather insulting and xenophobic, wouldn't you say?
By being a professional engineer in the automotive business at a Tier 1 supplier for 12 years. Not xenophobic, possibly insulting, but factual.

Can you say that the brake calipers used on the Outlander which are shared by the PSA group are anything other than cheap rubbish? They're hardly Brembo are they?

jaapv

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:30 pm

So when there is British rubbish on the market, British products are by definition crap? Yes, it is xenophobic linking the low quality of a product to a nationality.
Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
TPMS
Skidplates

greendwarf

Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:54 am

He actually wrote "known, cheap rubbish French car parts" i.e. NOT any or all French car parts and later explained that "known" = PSA. I agree the nationality is irrelevant (especially as they are probably made in China) but hardly Xenophobic - "hated or fear of foreigners" but possibly jingoistic - "aggressively nationalistic".

But then I'm with "The Pub Landlord" on this - a French girlfriend is the dream of any true blooded Englishman :lol:

Return to “General / Main Outlander PHEV Owners Forum”