25 kms (15miles) after charging the battery

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jilusan

Hi every one,

I am new here, and I just bought my Outlander PHEV 2 days ago.
I am concern about the battery.
After a full charge of the battery, I noticed I had only a 25 km range. It should be 35 km, is not it?

Thanks.

Gil

It "should" not read anything close to the real range. It is only an estimate based on the way the car was driven before. If you drove it like a normal petroi car, maybe did a few sprints, used EV on the motorway, etc., I am not surprised at the outcome at all. we call it the "guessometer" on the forum. Learn to drive it like a PHEV and you will see the range come up - and the real range is the one you have driven.

The feeling is understandable. I've had my Outlander for over a year and even though I know it's a "guessometer" - I still don't like it when the battery is full and it shows a low number. I just got my car back from the dealer when they serviced at and part of what they were doing was a servicing of the battery - draining it and slowly charging it, and monitoring each cell. I drove home and it was showing 27km, and I was like "WTH" and had to stop myself from calling them to complain.

Drive in the mountains and it will run up to really long ranges. My record is 78 km - which turned out to be 16 climbing the next mountain pass...

I just bought mine too and was disappointed that it only showed 31 km after a full charge. I knew Alberta weather was probabky the issue. Then a friend asked if my heater was on. Yep. Turned that sucker off and jumped up to 38 km immediately.

Back