Wifi problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvaghela

Hi
I have a 2016 phev bought from new. I was able to access the app from my iPhone. However I hadn't used the app for a while. After a recent service they gave me a new password (the SSID was the same). Last night I tried it but I couldn't access the wifi. I reset the registration using the ACC and 10 presses on the keyfob - and it beeped once, this allowed me to see the SSID on my phone- REMOTExxxxx, but when I tap on it - it says - Unable to join the network "REMOTExxxx". I then deleted the previous registrations - with 20 presses of the keyfob and tired again - same result.

Any ideas???

It happened to me before. I either had to un-install and then re-install the app, or I had to update my phone with latest patches. Or both. I can't quite remember.

Start by making sure you have the latest version as bigbaldbloke says.
That said, mine just never allowed me to connect again after the update; I will miss it when its winter :(

So, I've got the latest software on my iPhone- 14.1, i've soft and hard rebooted the phone, deleted the original app and downloaded the latest app.
AND...............still unable to join network. Any other suggestions guys?

Nibbo said:
That said, mine just never allowed me to connect again
That's a shame.
I don't use the app very much, except in winter to pre heat it. Its not the end of the world but a nice feature if I can get it to work again.
I think this started after my last service - I'm may ask them to check it out.

Have you tried Flight Mode on, only WiFi activated (don't try to connect to the network), start the app and let it handle the connection?

This may sound dumb - but try putting your Location ON. I think I had to do that too.

Same problem here having moved my phone from 13 to 14.1 yesterday and it wouldn't connect. Tried uninstalling and refreshing everything and no dice following all the tips so far known. Strangely my ipad, which I also moved to 14.1, would still connect, but now I have reset the car wifi it won't even register. Still digging...what "location ON" setting are you referring to please ?

As a minor update, I ran through a full reset and install with my wife's iphone and ipad which are still on ios 13 and all works fine. So the car's ok and I can use them as a fall back. Now to reset all over again and try with my phone at ios 14.

Finally got my iphone connected and registered with ios 14.1. Removed all references on the phone to the app and the car nw and started over. The only thing that I did differently from previous attempts was to allow the app the access location. It registered successfully at the third attempt.

Back