MMCS has stopped working

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSB

Hi folks, I've had my 2014 Phev for 3 years now and still happy with it. I had the first big problem last week, the MMSC has stopped working, it's not powering on, I've checked the fuse which is OK.

I'll remove the unit when I have time at the weekend to check connections are OK, anyone know if the unit has an additional fuse at the back? Is this a known issue? Any suggestions etc appreciated. Thanks

Have you checked every fuse? in both boxes? The fuse designated for the circuit may be ok, but another fuse may be blown. There is no fuse on the back of these units.

Thanks for the quick response, no I hadn't checked all the fuses but will do, if no fuse at the back of unit I won't take it out just yet as the wiring and connectors should be OK.
Thanks.

Hi, I have checked the wiring and all is OK, ie permanent and switched live are OK as is earth.

I've decided the head unit is faulty, so been looking for used ones from written off phevs.

I've come across visually identical units including all the connecters at the back but with different model numbers, eg mine is e11, others I've seen are w12 and w17.

Does anyone know if these are compatible with my 2015 phev gx4h?

Also, has anyone fitted an after market head unit, I know I will loose some functionality, if so, how did it go?

Thanks.

Back