Bluetooth and Android auto

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fjpod

Hi again. US 2020 model.

Thought I would start a discussion on both.

My android phone (One+ 6T) connects perfectly... except when I plug it into the USB port on the dash, closest to the driver. This is supposed to be the Android Auto port.

The problem I am having is while I might set up my GPS app, Waze, with sound, as soon as I plug it into the car's USB, the sound goes off. It's driving me crazy. Then I go through the menus to try and turn it on, and I just go in circles and it says, "...unsafe to adjust this setting while driving...), but even when I stop I can't seem to fix it.

Anybody else? Any suggestions?

Maybe try a different cable? I don't have the exact same problem but I have a OP6 and when I plug in it always works... just my spotify always says "spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment" and then I can't change songs unless I do it through my phone. Bluetooth the music data always stays the same and doesn't update and the side scroll bar either stays blank or freezes with the same songs. I also have a 2020 (canadian?) phev. Tried change the bluetooth avrcp versions in developer mode but no help (maybe that'll help you?) Some people also said disable screensaver and battery optimization for aa and spotify.

I have tried different cables.... So, what I have learned since my original post is that if the screen is not set properly to accept input from Bluetooth or Android Auto (depending on what you are doing), you cannot set the proper input from the screen if you are driving. I guess they figure it is safer to drive you crazy while you are driving, than to just let you set the input.

What does seem to work is to use the button on the steering wheel to cycle through the input choices until you hit the right one.

Why it doesn't always just automatically switch to what seems appropriate.... I dunno. I'm still working on it.

Ok, here is a related question that I have not figured out yet.... If I am connected to android auto, and using Waze on my phone as GPS, if I turn on the radio, i can no longer hear directions from Waze. Shouldn't I be able to hear both?

Android Auto's behavior has been a little weird. On my wife's phone it does just what you described. But on my phone the directions play over the audio (MY 2020). This makes me think it's an AA or a phone issue, not a car issue.

I know my thread is old, and I have been wrestling with this problem, on and off, of not getting audio from my phone for things like Waze, when I have my phone connected by wire to the head unit.

The issue is... which I have "fixed" is that like a cell phone, there are different volume levels to control on the car. On a phone it might be phone ringer, notifications, alarms, media player. On the Outlander phev, there are separate screen controls for the radio, android programs run from the car's screen, but there is another volume adjustment for input from the phone for things like Waze.... but you can only adjust this level if Waze is talking at the moment you try to adjust it.... and if it got accidentally set to zero, you can't hear anything, but you have to guess as to when to try and turn it up. There is no specific place on the touchscreen to adjust the headunit's volume control for phone input. You can only do it from the steering wheel while Waze or Google is talking. Darn, what a waste of time.

Fjpod said:
I know my thread is old, and I have been wrestling with this problem, on and off, of not getting audio from my phone for things like Waze, when I have my phone connected by wire to the head unit.

The issue is... which I have "fixed" is that like a cell phone, there are different volume levels to control on the car. On a phone it might be phone ringer, notifications, alarms, media player. On the Outlander phev, there are separate screen controls for the radio, android programs run from the car's screen, but there is another volume adjustment for input from the phone for things like Waze.... but you can only adjust this level if Waze is talking at the moment you try to adjust it.... and if it got accidentally set to zero, you can't hear anything, but you have to guess as to when to try and turn it up. There is no specific place on the touchscreen to adjust the headunit's volume control for phone input. You can only do it from the steering wheel while Waze or Google is talking. Darn, what a waste of time.

Waze, Google Maps etc, are on the same settings as the NAVI I think.

You can fix this through HOME -> VOLUME SETTINGS as well. Or, well, when Waze/Google Maps try to speak :)

Back