Wifi Password - Remote control app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanbarber1989

Hi guys,

I have just purchase a used Outlander and the WIFI password that is in the manual does not work.

I spoke to my local dealer and they said that it is because the WIFI unit as updated during the vehicles last service.

They cannot provide me the password over the phone and I would need to take the car in, which is not a problem.

They have said however that they charge £25 for this.

Does this sound unreasonable? I assumed it would just be stored on a database on would take them 30 seconds to obtain.

Thanks
Dean

I think they will use the computer in the car to get the password from the 'remote module' which is in the car.

You may be able to do this yourself if you can find the key combination to show the dealer options in your car's computer.

I assume you did not purchase the car from the same "local dealer" - so they are entitled to charge you for it. If it was from another trader then you could get them to reimburse you, as arguably the car was not of "merchantable quality" without the current Wifi code and they have breached the Sale of Goods Act in UK. However, if a private sale you are stuffed unless you want to try "sending the boys round" :oops:

Back