mystery navigation symbol

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Markd75 said:
Can anyone tell me what the symbol is that is indicated in the attached photo. It comes up each time an instruction is given as I approach a junction.nav symbol.jpg

Its simply letting you know that if you push the button just to the side of the speedo module (button that looks like a pile of credit cards) it will dismiss whatever notification is on the screen at the time.

It wouldn't be a mystery if you'd read the manual...

There could be many other functions of the car that you're not aware of, some that might benefit your driving experience, some of which may aid the safety of you, your passengers and other road users. That's why the manufacturers go to the trouble of writing it.

I had been through the manual a few times before I asked on here as I thought someone might say that. Thanks for being so helpful.

littlescrote said:
It wouldn't be a mystery if you'd read the manual...

There could be many other functions of the car that you're not aware of, some that might benefit your driving experience, some of which may aid the safety of you, your passengers and other road users. That's why the manufacturers go to the trouble of writing it.

Trouble is, how do you search for something you don’t know the name of? The manual is around 400 pages!

Mitsubishi has different names for some of the feature (I think parking sensors are called sonar for instance)

Thanks Moonlander. I was going mad trying to find that! There is so much to learn about what this car can do.

Markd75 said:
I had been through the manual a few times before I asked on here as I thought someone might say that. Thanks for being so helpful.

I might not have been helpful, but I wasn't wrong was I?

The pdf manual is worth having on a pc as the search function is useful, but as said above, it's hard to search for something when you don't know what it is.

littlescrote said:
Markd75 said:

I might not have been helpful, but I wasn't wrong was I?

The pdf manual is worth having on a pc as the search function is useful, but as said above, it's hard to search for something when you don't know what it is.

I think you're missing the point here littlescrote. Markd75 already said he'd looked through the manual and posted here afterwards. You could've easily said what you said originally and still helped him at the same time, but you didn't. I joined this site to find info on my car and to help others if possible.

Moonlander said:
I think you're missing the point here littlescrote. Markd75 already said he'd looked through the manual and posted here afterwards. You could've easily said what you said originally and still helped him at the same time, but you didn't. I joined this site to find info on my car and to help others if possible.

I get the point. I also get that when he says he looked through the manual several times, he must have just bloke looked rather than properly read it because we all know it's in there.

I'm also here to learn and to help people, but sometimes helping people involves encouraging them to learn to fish, not just throwing a fish at them as they haven't bothered to put any bait on their hook.

littlescrote said:
Moonlander said:

I get the point. I also get that when he says he looked through the manual several times, he must have just bloke looked rather than properly read it because we all know it's in there.

I'm also here to learn and to help people, but sometimes helping people involves encouraging them to learn to fish, not just throwing a fish at them as they haven't bothered to put any bait on their hook.
You have absolutely no idea about the OP's situation, his mental state, his level of education or even his first language. Is he prone to depression or suicidal thoughts? How does he react to criticism? You have absolutely no idea, but you decide that you know better than him what's best for him. How condescending of you!

BTW, I'm being ironic

Anyone who adopts the handle "littlescrote" is unlikely to "suffer fools gladly" - a quality that regularly gets me into trouble at work and elsewhere :lol:

I'll leave it to the non-Brits to google what we are on about :roll:

greendwarf said:
Anyone who adopts the handle "littlescrote" is unlikely to "suffer fools gladly" - a quality that regularly gets me into trouble at work and elsewhere :lol:

That is a pretty good description of me :D

ThudnBlundr said:
littlescrote said:
Moonlander said:

You have absolutely no idea about the OP's situation, his mental state, his level of education or even his first language. Is he prone to depression or suicidal thoughts? How does he react to criticism? You have absolutely no idea, but you decide that you know better than him what's best for him. How condescending of you!

BTW, I'm being ironic

Ironic - ok, unnecessary - definitely

kpetrov said:
Markd75 said:
Can anyone tell me what the symbol is that is indicated in the attached photo.
Sharp right turn ahead to an arrow pointing to an hat. ;)

:lol: You've cracked it! Its telling you the turn is so sharp you need to 'hold on to your hat' :lol:

Back