MMCS map card error

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoltan

Hi all,

I have had my 2014 Japanese imported outlander phev for 6 months now, and everything have been working until this morning, all the sudden, the mmcs is stuck on this screen when the car is started.

I believe the translation for the message is "please insert the map sd card program into the map slot".

It would seem I need the map sd card to get past the issue, but on the other hand, I haven't had the card for the last 6 months and not once did I see this issue.

I have kept driving the car for the whole day and restarted the car at least 4-5 times, tried pressing all the buttons, but the issue persisted. This problem is now causing the mmcs to be unusable and I cannot change audio modes and look at system settings...etc

Has someone had similar experience? Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

184132935_10158659369049998_4373125384130830641_n.jpg

183093967_10158659373684998_8242988139787212470_n.jpg

First question:

Have you checked to make sure that the SD card is not in the map slot?

(Assuming you haven't removed it and discarded it.)

Next, you can buy these cards online or download the data and build your own.

Thanks for your reply AndyInOz.

When I purchased the car 6 months ago, the map SD card never came with the car. And yes you are right, downloading the program and data and install it on my own sd card will be a thing to try.

Somewhat lucky for me, I called the dealer where I purchased the car from 6 months ago and let them know the situation, and they actually have the map SD card for the car that they forgot to give it to me. And once I obtained the car and inserted into the map slot, everything worked.

Apparently the on some models, the SRAM can run the program without the map card installed but once the 12V power is disconnected, it will require the MAP card to boot. While I have never disconnected the 12V battery, but this sort of explains why the MMCS was running fine for 6 months and this problem happened all the sudden.

I'm having the exact same issue, unfortunately in my case the dealer doesn't have the sd card

AndyInOz

You mentioned downloading and building your own map card, could you kindly elaborate on the process?

Hiya,

I've had a quick look around online and found a couple of possibilities for you:

https://mitsubishi.navshop.com/downloads/

https://www.satnav4u.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=mitsubishi

It's probably worthwhile starting your search from you local mitsubishi website.
(I notice that both of those links are for European map data and I don't know where you are.)

I'm having the exact same issue, unfortunately in my case the dealer doesn't have the sd card

AndyInOz

You mentioned downloading and building your own map card, could you kindly elaborate on the process?
Hi there
Did you have any luck sourcing the file and building the card? I'm being bumped all around the internet with my searching ... Just hoping someone local might have found something!

Back