Servicing options for West London

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancingbrave

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a outlander PHEV after having my Toyota Prius's cat convertor stolen for the second time.

Just wondering about servicing in or near West London,could anyone advise where to go?

Dancingbrave said:
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a outlander PHEV after having my Toyota Prius's cat convertor stolen for the second time.

Just wondering about servicing in or near West London,could anyone advise where to go?

Wow I had heard of that issue, however not how bad it is. Wouldn't the PHEV have the same chance of getting its cat stolen, or is the Prius one particularly targetted? Sorry I'm not in UK so can't help you on servicing.

Dancingbrave said:
Hi all,

Just wondering about servicing in or near West London, could anyone advise where to go?

Hi - I don't remember any reports here of cat thefts from the PHEV but then most of them don't live in the Wild West of London :?

As far as dealers are concerned, I'm in Clapham but having fallen out with the original purchase dealer in Bromley, I switched to West Motor Co in Barnes and had a good relationship with them, although the closure of Hammersmith Bridge might be a problem, at present.

However, I an currently with Hummingbird Motors in Colindale (a quick trip around the N Circular?) as I frequently have to go to court in Hendon :eek:. and have had a very good relationship with them over several years.

The cats for many Toyotas simply hang beneath the car: they can be removed in a few seconds. The one on the PHEV is high up in the engine bay, and would require the removal of huge amounts of parts to access. No tea-leaf is going to spend several minutes hacking the PHEV one out if there's a chance of them being caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPzeYduDLb8

greendwarf said:
Dancingbrave said:
Hi all,

Just wondering about servicing in or near West London, could anyone advise where to go?

Hi - I don't remember any reports here of cat thefts from the PHEV but then most of them don't live in the Wild West of London :?

As far as dealers are concerned, I'm in Clapham but having fallen out with the original purchase dealer in Bromley, I switched to West Motor Co in Barnes and had a good relationship with them, although the closure of Hammersmith Bridge might be a problem, at present.

However, I an currently with Hummingbird Motors in Colindale (a quick trip around the N Circular?) as I frequently have to go to court in Hendon :eek:. and have had a very good relationship with them over several years.

Collindale seems accesible - roughly how much do they charge for a full service?

Regarding the CAT thefts, only particular models are targeted, the ones with the most precious metals in them;unfortunatley,my prius was one of them.

However,it would be good to hear from anyone if the Outlander has been targeted .

Dancingbrave said:
Regarding the CAT thefts, only particular models are targeted, the ones with the most precious metals in them;unfortunatley,my prius was one of them.

However,it would be good to hear from anyone if the Outlander has been targeted .

The Outlander will have more precious metal in it as it's for a bigger engine. Prius owners just think their cars are special. They target the easiest and quickest ones to remove.

littlescrote said:
Dancingbrave said:

The Outlander will have more precious metal in it as it's for a bigger engine. Prius owners just think their cars are special. They target the easiest and quickest ones to remove.

I never thought my car was special: if you look at the list from the police and insurance companies of which cars are most at risk,you'll find the prius is listed first.

Also,its got nothing do do with bigger engine equals more precious metals,the newers CATS have a coating,rather than solid amounts used in the particular prius model;newer models are NOT targeted.

They made up for it by charging £300 to replace the broken rear light cluster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back