2018 4HS Headlight default adjustment

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPaul

Have had a look and can't see a definitive answer on this so apologies if it has been covered to death before. Have a 2018 4HS which I believe has self levelling lights on it. Is there a way to change the default position/level so they point down a bit more than they do at present. Slightest gradient or bump and my lights are well and truly lighting up oncoming cars interiors and getting flashed lots at the moment. One idiot took enough offence to drive straight at me on my side of the road a couple of nights ago flashing his main beam as he went. It's in for its first MOT in 2 weeks so can hopefully get it looked at then but if there's an easy adjustment I'd like to do it sooner. TIA.

There is a possibility on a lamp to do that , bu generally such operation is not recomended to do by users without a proffesional equipment. You simply can do it worse.
headlamp.png

The self levelling only activates when the light switch is set to ON, it doesn't operate if you normally run in AUTO (as I do).
I had to drive in the dark for the first time in a while last week and noticed the lights were pointing too far down, so I switched from AUTO to ON and the lights adjusted up. Back to AUTO and all good.

Back