Wind deflectors?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasjm

Anyone here have those wind deflectors that go on each window? I'm considering a set of those and have a few questions if you don't mind.

They are called "wind deflectors" but my primary purpose for wanting to get them is actually for rain. Particularly:
a. It rains a lot where I live, sometimes it's hot but still raining. I much prefer natural air over air conditioning, and so I like the windows open. Will these things allow me to have the window open to get fresh air, yet help me not get so wet when it rains?
b. does it also deflect rain significantly enough when stopped, eg at a drive-through window?

Thanks !

I had them and removed them after a while. They worked at keeping out the rain as long as I didn't open the windoes fully and the windows operated normally, but I disliked the wind noise they generated.
I ended up having a Hollandia 300 full-feature spoiler roof fitted.

https://www.webasto.com/fileadmin/webasto_files/documents/country-folder/usa/car/catalogues/Full_Product_Sunroof_Brochure_localprint.pdf

Isn't one of their purposes to reduce wind noise? I just want to make sure I understand properly, as you say you didn't like the wind noise being generated by these things.

Thanks.

Back