Android Auto Connection

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellobob

I've got a 2020 GT and an android phone. Android Auto (AA) has been working fine ... I just plug in the phone and it connects, etc. But, yesterday I had to make a 100 mile drive and it refused to connect :(

So, I figured it might be the cable so I had my wife move the input from the dash to connection being the center console ... nope, still not connecting.

Next I had her plug in her phone (also an android). Worked just fine.

Odd?

Today, I decided to check things out and tried it with a known good cable. Same problem. Hmmm, damn.

Had a look in my android options and saw an option menu that the phone was charging ONLY. I unclicked that and it instantly connected. So, not my phone and not the cable.

But, is this going to be an ongoing issue that I have to set my phone every time I get in the car? It's been running for the last year just fine, so I don't know what the problem is?

if something has changed it is likely to be because of an android update on your phone. The cars software cant change unless physically done with a USB by your dealer.

Android updates consistantly cause issues with carplay and wired connectivity.

And cable connection issues are common. Not all USB cables are the same, some are charging only, some may give sporadic data transfer also.

Better quality cables are advised in all cases

Just bought a 2022 PHEV GT. Does anyone know if there is a way to connect android auto wirelessly? Everything I've been able to find suggests it should be, but I can only get it to work with the USB.
Thanks,

Wireless connection is not available for Auto or carplay functions on that model, wired only. Bluetooth media and phone connections should work though.

FYI AA is not available on 22MY NEW Outlander either. Only Wireless carpllay is available on that modell

Back