Unable to register my phone app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamnet

Hi all
I have been trying for a few says now to register my Samsung 9+ using the Mitsubishi app however i keep getting an error
it seems i need to unregister one of the other phones first
How do i unregister the other phones as i do not know what the last owner's phone
so i can not use the app
Can anyone tell me how to deregister all other phones
Thanks for any help that you give
Thanks
Hammy

WiFi reset procedure (Step by Step)

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:33 am
It took me ages to track down a procedure to reset the WiFi and even then it was confusing and didnt always work, so I documented my final procedure so it should be foolproof!

WiFi Reset Procedure:
1. Get in the car and Fully close the Drivers door.
2. IMPORTANT - All steps below must be performed within a total of 30 seconds.
3. Without pressing the brake pedal, press the power button once so that it glows orange (ACC mode).
4. Turn on the Hazard lights.
5. Now quickly alternately press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the key fob 5 times, i.e. 10 presses in total. This must be done within 10 seconds of pressing the Power button ON as in (1) above.
6. Listen for one BEEP, followed by 0, 1 or 2 more beeps.
7. Now quickly alternately press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the key fob another 10 times each within 10 seconds, i.e. another 20 presses.
8. Listen for one BEEP, followed by 0 more beeps.

If you only hear a single BEEP, with no following BEEPs, you have successfully reset the WiFi. You can now register 2 new phones with the car again, using the standard procedure (but see Note below). If you hear more BEEPs after the first long BEEP, then its not worked and you should try again following the procedure correctly step by step and within the timings stated.

Switch off the Power button and Hazard lights.

Note: If you reset the WiFi, before you attempt to connect your phone to the car again, you should first remove the Mitsubishi APP from your phone completely.
Once the APP is removed you can then connect your phone with the car WiFi first and only then, after successfully connecting your phone (not the APP) to the car WiFi, should you download and install the APP again. Then of course you must go through the APP procedure.

On some Android phones (like mine) after you first connect to the car WiFi with your phone, a warning will pop up on your phone after about 10 or 15 seconds stating there is no internet connection with this WiFi and it will ask you if you still want to connect to this particular WiFi now and in the future. You MUST wait for this pop up on your phone and select Yes (of course!).

Back