Broken tail-light

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellobob

Someone (not me ... and, not, we're not discussing it) hit something and broke the plastic lens in the tail-light. Is it possible to just replace the lens or do I need to get the whole assembly at around $500? Well, that price is dealer ... I see something here

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/163222145812?fits=Year%3A2020%7CModel%3AOutlander%7CMake%3AMitsubishi&hash=item2600cc4b14:g:XLEAAOSwtLxbgQmi

which may be the same. Will need to check if lens repair is out of the question. Oh, I think I have all the bits :)

I bought a replica assembly off Aliexpress @ 40$ - it was near impossible to see the difference. The LEDs were square rather than round, that was all. I had to grind one locating hole a bit. Fit was excellent (bar the blocked hole) and it was a five-minute job. Just unscrew the two bolts and pull off the assembly. It is always soon enough to shell out 500 quid -or source one from a breaker's yard- if you are unlucky enough to have a vulture-eyed MOT inspector. My dealer did not care when I pointed it out when trading the car in.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking on Amazon and with my free prime shipping the price there for the "replicas" is about the same as the aliexpress prices with shipping. Plus, very easy to return to amazon ... so I guess I'll have to try one of them for about $100 ... not too much to lose :) But, I am going to was a week or so until it warms up a bit. Fortunately, we're only around -10c ... my daughter is up in northern BC and her husband is out working in the woods in -35c ... not fun!

Back