Granny charger issue.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simmshady

Hi,

Based in NZ, just bought a 2013 outlander phev.
All up the car is fantastic and working really well apart from an issue with the granny charger tripping out.
Wonder I'd some experts could offer advice. As I don't want to be resting my granny charger every time I plug in the car.

Steps to reproduce error.

1. Park up
2. Plug in granny charger
3. Fault on charger, message on dash saying charging interrupted. (Despite how many times I unplug and replug.)
4. If I reconnect granny charger at the mains = no issues charges OK.

Some things I've tried.

Using another charger ( I have 2x unbranded chargers), fault is still the same.
Using another brand of charger., fault is not shown and charges OK.
Using my granny charger on another veicle( Nissan leaf) = fault not shown and charges OK.

Fast charging works OK.

As is japanese import, MMCS is still in japanese and no charge timer menu is available - getting converted to English next week.

It's as if the granny charger is getting a fault signal from the car and tripping.

Any ideas?

zzcoopej said:
Simmshady said:
Any ideas?

Have you tried charging at a completely different house? Maybe the PHEV is not happy with an earth leakage etc?

Thanks for this advice. Tried this in another house and the issue resolved, so has given me another route to investigate.
Many thanks for this help, as a first time poster was nervous to waste time , but appreciate it.

P.s. all pins checked.

Back